Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show us your vintage patterns!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
LD, I have that Simplicity one. It makes up a great looking dress!
I'm totally in love with this one, but it is unusable! The original owner cut it all up to alter it and I can't even figure all the pieces out.
4358681343_17c7034a6d.jpg

swingkitten85

Familiar Face
miss_smith said:
Just got this one in the mail yesterday. I really want to make a summer suit out of it, with bias tape-bound seams.
P1270522.JPG

How cute!! It'd look darling with bias tape-bound seams. ;) Seeing this is making me want to pull out the 2 dressmaker suit patterns I have in the stash!

bunny chan

Familiar Face
Got this:

cartamodello40.jpg

Any suggestion for the realization? Which fabric could be right for it? Remember I'm a newbie in sewing...

Thank you very much!

B.

SayCici

Practically Family
bunnychan, I think the most important thing would be to choose a fabric with nice drape! I think a rayon or crepe if you can get them would be great options.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Has anyone else noticed the drop in pattern prices? They seem to be, with a few exceptions, back to decent prices.

Lets see how long this lasts.

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lady Day said:
Has anyone else noticed the drop in pattern prices? They seem to be, with a few exceptions, back to decent prices.

Lets see how long this lasts.

LD
Maybe some of the sellers have noticed that their $75 BIN patterns aren't selling.

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva, both of them are cute, but that second one: WOW! I can't wait to see it made up! Would you be interested in a pattern copy swap?

deadpandiva

Call Me a Cab
kamikat said:
deadpandiva, both of them are cute, but that second one: WOW! I can't wait to see it made up! Would you be interested in a pattern copy swap?
Sure, I'll PM You when I receive it. I also have that Beach Pajama Pattern that you listed in The Ones That Got Away Thread in size 20.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
I got a question for you ladies, how important is a factory fold to you?

Granted, most of us buy patterns to make clothes, but I cant *tell* you how many FFs Ive opened to find a piece missing! I prefer if the pieces have been used and counted as opposed to unused and uncounted. I mean, they are not comic books, where you run little risk of having a missing page :eek:

But I do understand that desire to be the first one at that pattern. Its cool.

LD

Lauren

Distinguished Service Award
Huh, that's funny. I don't think I've ever used a FF pattern that wasn't complete.[huh] I don't really care one way if it's FF or not. One good plus is that they're usually in better shape but as long as the pieces are there I really couldn't care less.
Deadpandiva, I was watching those on Etsy, too! Glad they went to you. I love the pockets on that shirtwaist dress.

lolly_loisides

One Too Many
Lady Day said:
I got a question for you ladies, how important is a factory fold to you?

Not very, it's much more important to me that the pattern is complete. I don't feel confident enough to draft missing pattern pieces (except for simple belts).

Although, I guess if you are buying a pattern as a collectors item & have no intention of making it up then factory folds would be good.

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Lauren said:
Huh, that's funny. I don't think I've ever used a FF pattern that wasn't complete.[huh]

Super lucky you! Im unlucky anyway, so maybe that has something to do with it. I also open a lot of mail orders maybe thats it. :eek:

LD

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
deadpandiva said:
Sure, I'll PM You when I receive it. I also have that Beach Pajama Pattern that you listed in The Ones That Got Away Thread in size 20.
Now, I'm very glad I didn't keep bidding, so the price was kept at a decent price. Yay, karma!

kamikat

Call Me a Cab
Lolly, that's a great price for 30s patterns. They seem to go higher than 40s and 50s patterns and larger sizes tend to go higher because of demand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran