Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SHOW US YOUR VINTAGE STINGYS ! (No New hats please Vintage only)

Jedwbpm

One Too Many
Wearing my Stetson 15 (3X) in dark green with bound edge 1 3/4 inch brim.
f6dc2206ac5f1e54257043c67939aef4_zpse7eb490b.jpg

Jeff

javadave61

Practically Family
Assuming 1 7/8" brim is stingy...

Reviving an old thread. Here's my vintage, working class Champ "Feel the Felt" Kasmir Finish Fedora with a 1 7/8" beautifully bound brim. I see these everywhere in the ole 6 7/8ths. But I was thrilled to find this one in (probably) a 7 3/8ths (no tag). I managed to gently stretch it into a 7 1/2. I have no idea if this really balances with my face, but I'm a sucker for any vintage hat that actually fits me.

IMG_4001.jpg IMG_4011.jpg 2015-03-22 21.37.13.jpg

Bird Lives

A-List Customer
Reviving an old thread. Here's my vintage, working class Champ "Feel the Felt" Kasmir Finish Fedora with a 1 7/8" beautifully bound brim........... I managed to gently stretch it into a 7 1/2. I have no idea if this really balances with my face, but I'm a sucker for any vintage hat that actually fits me.

View attachment 26501 View attachment 26502 View attachment 26503
You know JD, I'm thinking these pics could be used as 'text-book' for showing how well a hat can be matched to a face shape...Looks perfect to me, congratulations on finding a great looking example in your size....

javadave61

Practically Family
You know JD, I'm thinking these pics could be used as 'text-book' for showing how well a hat can be matched to a face shape...Looks perfect to me, congratulations on finding a great looking example in your size....

Thanks Bird! I certainly convinced myself in the antique store that it fit my face perfectly, but you know how it can be when reality starts to sink in later. And I know that when I stretch it, it might come to fit my head, but I always run the risk of the crown looking more tapered than it should. This turned out better than I feared.

"Stingy is in the eyes of the beholder" is my mantra, Dave. It's just a different look for you, sir, not wrong; because you can do it! Great find!

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Acquired in a recent trade in which I came out on the short end of the brim. Good thing I like stingys. The Dobbs Star-Stream, this one will get plenty of wear. Although it appears gray, it's actually a nice shade of green. I really dig the Atomic vibe it gives off.

Very kool brim treatment, looks like a fine mode edge on top but actually a sewn underwelt where the stitching doesn't show through. These pixs are also closer to the actual color

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner