Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your Langlitz

Mrfrown

One Too Many
Thanks y’all.

For those interested, their adjustments brought the chest down to about 22”, previously it was about 23.5” which is quite large for me. Similar for the bicep (which I forgot to measure before sending back but they took .75” ish off the laid flat diameter)

It took about 2.5 weeks for the work, as opposed to 6 months for original production.

Really digging the “new” jacket.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
The Hype is REAL!

I am a new convert.

Came home with a best surprise for a very long time. Just WOW!

View attachment 420056
View attachment 420057
View attachment 420058
View attachment 420059
View attachment 420060
View attachment 420061
View attachment 420062
View attachment 420063
View attachment 420064

I am literally speechless at the moment. Will add more words later when I calm down... Speechless...
I completely missed this post first time around. Thought perhaps you were so inundated with JL jackets / posts to write you were working towards it.

This jacket is bonkers good!

I have been considering a square bottom vest with the red dog pockets, or maybe a zipped racing Timberline with the pads. But every time I see this one it makes a very persuasive argument for the Cascade!

Looking forward to your eventual review post.

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
My downsized Columbia returned from Langlitz

Thought they were remaking the whole thing, but they took the chest and bicep in. Overall I’m mostly pleased - the chest and bicep are definitely a better fit now.

However the armhole is still really big, and the waist also feels somewhat oversized. I’ll give it a lot more wear before coming to any conclusions.

It gives almost a workwear vibe, which I really dig. I think the proportions do look good even if not some platonic TFL ideal fit.

View attachment 429599 View attachment 429600 View attachment 429601 View attachment 429603 View attachment 429604 View attachment 429605 View attachment 429602

I know what you mean. Definitely a piece that will look even better with a sweater or heavy shirt. Very beautiful piece!

I do like the T-Shirt too.

What boots are those? They look the bomb!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
I know what you mean. Definitely a piece that will look even better with a sweater or heavy shirt. Very beautiful piece!

I do like the T-Shirt too.

What boots are those? They look the bomb!
Thanks Tom!

The boots are White’s semi dress in the black dress leather. Along with my brown ones they are just insanely comfortable and a great classic work boot. Highly recommend purchasing through Bakers Boots if you’re unsure about size.

The shirt is from Imogene and Willie, they make great graphic tees in vintage kinda style. I have 2 and love em both

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My downsized Columbia returned from Langlitz

Thought they were remaking the whole thing, but they took the chest and bicep in. Overall I’m mostly pleased - the chest and bicep are definitely a better fit now.

However the armhole is still really big, and the waist also feels somewhat oversized. I’ll give it a lot more wear before coming to any conclusions.

It gives almost a workwear vibe, which I really dig. I think the proportions do look good even if not some platonic TFL ideal fit.

View attachment 429599 View attachment 429600 View attachment 429601 View attachment 429603 View attachment 429604 View attachment 429605 View attachment 429602
Looks good. Custom fitted. Langlitz makes very nice jackets. Wait time is now a year though! (from 6 to 8 months)

Tom71

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Tom!

The boots are White’s semi dress in the black dress leather. Along with my brown ones they are just insanely comfortable and a great classic work boot. Highly recommend purchasing through Bakers Boots if you’re unsure about size.

The shirt is from Imogene and Willie, they make great graphic tees in vintage kinda style. I have 2 and love em both

Thanks much for the info. Promised myself to hold back on jackets and boots for a year ( and was very vocal about that too…), but Whites are on the list for sure!

Mrfrown

One Too Many
So I did try the reworked Columbia with a hoodie underneath, still plenty of room to move. Jacket looks built for this level of layer to my eye.

It was uh, WAY too hot here to wear this comfortably yesterday. High of 95, “feels like” temp was 107!

26CDEB3F-DC28-4710-BB93-28414E65E278.jpeg
5EB95A4B-1E11-4A58-92FE-BEC373311BE7.jpeg
AF91152B-C235-4D4E-99A3-5F3E66FBB205.jpeg

Guppy

I'll Lock Up

yellowfever

One of the Regulars
The Hype is REAL!

I am a new convert.

Came home with a best surprise for a very long time. Just WOW!

View attachment 420056
View attachment 420057
View attachment 420058
View attachment 420059
View attachment 420060
View attachment 420061
View attachment 420062
View attachment 420063
View attachment 420064

I am literally speechless at the moment. Will add more words later when I calm down... Speechless...
This is just a beautiful jacket! the cascade is a classic for a reason, love the back especially. But with the navy blue colour choice and the contrast yellow stitching…. Damn, you’ve taken it to the next level!

Chevalier

One of the Regulars
How are the Langlitz Class of ‘22 jackets breaking in?

@Mrfrown I think you made the Langlitz with hoodie combo a thing for me. It is a great way to deal with our cold winter (and even colder foggy summer) nights here in SF.

Canuck Panda

I'll Lock Up
My Cascade didn't really need much of a break in. It was ready to go out of the box. That was real nice.
The only thing is that the Cascade is really a riding specific jacket, and harder to wear it on a regular bases so it hasn't got as many wear as the straight zips. I would definitely get a straight zip like Mrfrown's Langlitz.

Mrfrown

One Too Many
How are the Langlitz Class of ‘22 jackets breaking in?

@Mrfrown I think you made the Langlitz with hoodie combo a thing for me. It is a great way to deal with our cold winter (and even colder foggy summer) nights here in SF.
Thanks Chevalier

I ended up not keeping the Columbia as I felt like it was too roomy for my taste.

But I did get a Timberline w cossack collar in August which I wear often. Sometimes feels a bit long but as it breaks in the collar doesn’t push against my neck as much.

546A0883-A4CD-4F61-A70D-C1CF1D6EBDE0.jpeg
84A0493D-673D-43C1-BBFD-A9FD5829A59A.jpeg
B7DF8CD7-8493-4D2A-B165-8C54D9F1621C.jpeg
6079E49C-8903-4703-B7B1-6BF1FDFED48C.jpeg

Psant25

One Too Many
Thanks Chevalier

I ended up not keeping the Columbia as I felt like it was too roomy for my taste.

But I did get a Timberline w cossack collar in August which I wear often. Sometimes feels a bit long but as it breaks in the collar doesn’t push against my neck as much.

View attachment 506999 View attachment 507000 View attachment 507001 View attachment 507002
Could always have langlitz take an inch off i dont think they even need to put in a new zipper would be easy with than style hem. They just cut the zipper and put a new end piece crimp or whatever it is on it. Could offer to pay if they give you a hard time. I did that with one of mine said I wanted to pay for an alteration they gave me no hassle. I think it looks good however some of your other shorter jackets look great like the schott

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer

Johnny Deadlifts

A-List Customer
Hey JD:
Thanks man. It’s a great jacket style for any lady. The back piping really makes the difference.
This one is goat so very soft yet substantial. Langlitz quality top to bottom. Got it here in the classifieds.
I think your wife would love it.
B
Thanks, she keeps looking at mall jackets and asking my opinion; making me nuts, can't have her looking like that! Langlitz would be perfect:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner