Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Show your natural leather

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
Wearing my Allen Edmonds Stirling Boots in Natural Horween Chromexcel today:

shoes5.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
View attachment 185874 View attachment 185880
View attachment 185881 View attachment 185883

Wesco natural horse boots via Standard and Strange.
Natural Horsehide 30's Half Belt via Aero direct.
Horsehide belts, new and used for the summer.
Sweetfights:
Watching this jacket evolve since new has been very enjoyable. Much more than just oohs and aahs. It finally dawned on me why this jacket presents so special in my eyes.
I like jackets with creases and folds, gnarly grain that pops, patina that says it’s been around and will keep going around. In short the vintage, one of a kind look, yet still a fine jacket.
But, this jacket has an inherent elegance that exceeds all that. It maintains a crisp clean look as it ages with a uniformity that is so refreshing compared to all others. Imho
It maintains perfection with class.
If ever a jacket i would trade my Antique Steer for it’s this one. I hope mine ages gracefully as yours.
Be well. Bowen

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
while I enjoy looking at picture of patina / worn out top coat or crazy stained natural hide especially in black and white photos or color filtered for magazine look, could not bring myself to such carefree neglect to get the look, and probably while it is great to look at as an object of art, wearing it might feel like wearing jeans with torn knee or worn through back pocket, to me it is much easier to wear grain popping well worn but well maintained jacket look, the other day some stitches came undone on my jeans pocket area probably snagged or eaten by my keychain, I immediately hand sewn it with similar color thread and trim off the loose hanging old thread, ideally to get the jeans look ever slightly "badass" I should just do nothing since it is non structural , but it is so hard to be a pacifist :confused: and be zen about dangling loose thread

Hagwood

Call Me a Cab
while I enjoy looking at picture of patina / worn out top coat or crazy stained natural hide especially in black and white photos or color filtered for magazine look, could not bring myself to such carefree neglect to get the look, and probably while it is great to look at as an object of art, wearing it might feel like wearing jeans with torn knee or worn through back pocket, to me it is much easier to wear grain popping well worn but well maintained jacket look, the other day some stitches came undone on my jeans pocket area probably snagged or eaten by my keychain, I immediately hand sewn it with similar color thread and trim off the loose hanging old thread, ideally to get the jeans look ever slightly "badass" I should just do nothing since it is non structural , but it is so hard to be a pacifist :confused: and be zen about dangling loose thread

Ha ha, I'm with you on that one. Too much OCD..... I just like 'Well Weathered Leather', but well maintained.

I always think of the lyrics to RUSH - Red Barchetta when riding my motorcycle:
Well-weathered leather
Hot metal and oil
The scented country air
Sunlight on chrome
The blur of the landscape
Every nerve aware

Last edited:

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
Cw9tWMx.jpg

New belt for incoming pants, i assign a belt for each jeans, pale like pig right now, very thick not skivved at all around the buckle mounting.
Narrow garrison style buckle presents next level challenge in sliding in and out... not a belt to wear when you have tummy ache or really need to pee:confused:
I like the look of the narrow more vertical look of that buckle though.:) just applied mink oil to soften it up a bit, and then put it back in the box and hide it somewhere I would forget, otherwise i wont be able to sleep waiting for the jeans to get done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ