Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Showing Off!

Erik

One of the Regulars
"The lady at my side was also carefully chosen to accent the suit and hat."

The mark of a wise man. ;)

You two look great.

Canyon

Familiar Face
As I was the lady in the photograph, thank you very much for the complements. ;)

I agree that NB looked absolutely fantastic in his Magnoli suit and Art Fawcett fedora! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
Canyon said:
As I was the lady in the photograph, thank you very much for the complements. ;)

I agree that NB looked absolutely fantastic in his Magnoli suit and Art Fawcett fedora! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Bravo Canyon!...Making a good image great!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
duggap said:
Not Bogart, what style of hat from Art was that. Or was it a custom creation of yours. Either way, the hat and the lady look real nice.;)

Well, if we must focus on the hat...

It's really more of a collaboration in design. I told Art the felt color, dimensions, and that I wanted a diamond crown. He did the rest, including ribbon choices and all. I modified the bash a bit to better suit my face when it arrived. And, "Viola!" as a friend of mine used to say (no, that's not a type-o).

Ultimately, I think giving Art more freedom is never a bad thing.

duggap

Banned
Sorry NB, but if you want us to stop talking about the hats, you will just have to stop acquiring such great looking lids. Hey it ain't my fault.:rolleyes:

indycop

I'll Lock Up
NB correct me if I am wrong but I think you have one of the bigger collection of VS hats. I think I remember you posting a lot of them at one time on COW.:eusa_clap

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
indycop said:
NB correct me if I am wrong but I think you have one of the bigger collection of VS hats. I think I remember you posting a lot of them at one time on COW.:eusa_clap

Well, I know there are a few here with more VS lids than me, but mine is sizable... and growing. I currently have 5 felts and one panama from Art. Another panama in the works, too. I already know I'll be ordering a felt hat as a Christmas present from my father, the question is; what will it be? ;)

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I think analogist probably holds the record for most VS hats. I believe he stores them in a warehouse in Area 51.

There are certainly some stealth VS owners out there, too.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
They're probably like some of those Optimo guys. :)

Nice look Bogart and Canyon. :eusa_clap

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
You're right Alan, the gent you mentioned not only has the largest collection but at least half ( or more) of my limited editions were created with him and he owns the prototypes.

IC , the current record stands at 40, followed by a gent in Boston with 27. Neither of them post pics of their hats for their own reasons. That's fine by me..

NB, Thanks for posting this. It looks terrific on you, especially with Canyon at your arm!! Hiya Canyon!!

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Art Fawcett said:
IC , the current record stands at 40, followed by a gent in Boston with 27.

I just checked, and there's no icon to represent my head exploding.
This is as close as it gets. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't imagine how cool such a collection must be, or how it would be possible to come up with that many unique designs. Plus, I don't think I have room to build a vault for a collection of treasures that large.

indycop

I'll Lock Up
Lefty said:
I just checked, and there's no icon to represent my head exploding.
This is as close as it gets. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I can't imagine how cool such a collection must be, or how it would be possible to come up with that many unique designs. Plus, I don't think I have room to build a vault for a collection of treasures that large.
:kick: We can just chop it off before it explodes.:D

If I had 40 VS hats ...

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Art Fawcett said:
the current record stands at 40...

NB, Thanks for posting this. It looks terrific on you, especially with Canyon at your arm!! Hiya Canyon!!

Now there's something to aspire to. 40 of your hats! It's the American Dream!!! Why can't I be independently wealthy?

Thanks, my friend.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael