Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Showing Off!

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Well, I'm not much of a show off, but when real craftsmen put there best effort into things, you have to make some noise. (Plus, I don't get to do this very often.)
I don't know that I can really narrow down what it is I'm showing off here, because I finally got to wear my two newest wardrobe pieces. But, since I mainly post here in the Hat section, I'll say I'm showing off the hat.

So, what I'm wearing is my newest Art Fawcett creation, making it's "formal attire" debut. To accent the steel colored felt, I have draped myself in a dark gray herringbone three piece Magnoli suit. Yes, the jacket and vest will look a little long, but my body is just built that way. Thus, the long suit is by request.

The lady at my side was also carefully chosen to accent the suit and hat. lol

StellaandI.jpg

Photo credit goes to my friend, Rick.

Stoney

Practically Family
NB,

The whole outfit looks great, girl included ;) and you look very sharp in it.
Art did a great job of making a hat that looks so good on you. IMHO perfect proportions for you.

:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

RJJ

New in Town
Mr. Lucky said:
Great hat. Great suit. AND, you accessorize exceptionally well! Nicely done.

Took the words right out of my mouth..errr..fingers..:eusa_doh:

Very nice looking indeed NB.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Benny Holiday said:
Phenomenal! I knew this thread was going to be about an Art Fawcett creation! lol That is one great look.

Sometimes it's good to be predictable!

Thanks for the compliments (from both of us to all of you).

rrog

A-List Customer
I'm sure you've already posted and/or someone else has already asked, but what's the hat in our avatar? It's a good looking lid.

Rick

Slim Portly

One Too Many
Fantastic outfit, and the length of the suit coat and waistcoat look just how I like them. A couple of questions for you, if you would be so kind as to indulge me. Is that a fob of some sort hanging from the watch chain, and if so do you have pictures of it posted here on the forum? And is the collar of the shirt button-down, or are you wearing a collar bar?

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
rrog; My current avatar is a vintage Adam Executive, which I recently won from Johnnyphi's auctiuons. Check out this thread for more pics, and more proud winners! http://www.thefedoralounge.com/showthread.php?t=31275&page=5

Slim Portly; I have to say, I'm not to sure what a fob really is. If you are referring to the little silver thing by the waistcoat button, that's just the clip for the chain. I tried to put it on in a way that would hide it, but it didn't work.
The shirt has a simple button down collar. I think a collar bar would have looked better, but with my neck size, I can't be picky.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Let's see... it's a 2 3/4" brim with a wide binding, like the classic whippet. Unbashed, I think the crown is about 5 1/2". With bash, it's 4 3/4" in front and slopes to 3 7/8" in the back. Oh, and that fantastic ribbon is just a hair under 2".

For those wondering about the bash, Art put in a wider pinch and a taller diamond crown. I lowered the crown without undoing his work until it looked just right, and I think the pinch got tighter from me handling it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart