Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Showing Off!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
What can I say NB..he likes my work, I like his sense of color & style. I think we make each other better..or something like that. I KNOW he makes me better at thinking "outside the box"

analogist

One of the Regulars
Ya got me.

I will come clean for the first time just for educational purposes and not to seem boastful.

I have been collecting hats far longer than probably anybody I know, let alone my fellow Loungers. I take FL very seriously but also find tons of informative material, good humor, great images, and most of all, friendships I have made.

My first conversation with Art was quite excellent. I liked him very much for his knowledge, his enthusiasm and his openness. Since my first order with him, which was a Sportaire, I own over 40 VS hats, including a PB Montecristi which arrived this morning. It is light, beautifully blocked, has a great ribbon and one which I will wear today despite the sweltering New York weather. It's the perfect hat for today. Someone much wittier than myself said New York is the only city which makes its own gravy.

My collection of VS hats of course includes all of my design collaborations with him such as Brooklyn, Goodfella, Hoosier, HST, Analog, Cascade, Twentieth Century Limited, Orange Blossom Special, Golden Spike, Route 66, Casablanca, Pacifica, Blue Dahlia, Grey Ghost, Spumoni, Bittersweer, Baked Alaska, Peach Melba, Sammy D and many more. I feel like a member of the Fawcett family which fills me with pride.

I own many more hats including four AB's, one AB Deluxe, lots of Gus Miller hats, an Optimo, and the list goes on. I am a firm believer of supporting the vendors and hatters who make positive contributions to the Fedora Lounge.

Our number one vendor, my friend Besdor(Steven) of Bencraft Hats has me as a regular customer and regular visitor. His father, Stanley is a great friend, and he has a great sales staff.

I will post most of my collection for educational purposes, not to one up anybody, as soon as I can get together with my pal WEEGEE, a professional photojournalist who know how to do this sort of thing.

Back to custom hats; if you want a great hat, coupled with great advice and counsel, and a great buying experience, go no closer nor no further than Art Fawcett. You can't go wrong. Some hatters sell the sizzle, Art sells the steak! He is my favorite custom hatter, my confessor, my counselor, and my friend. You don't just get a hat from Art, you get an experience worth savoring.

As for the Fedora Lounge, where else can you get together with so many fine people sharing the same passion from the comfort of your own home.

I promise pictures for which I have been asked countless times and thanks to all of you for so much fun.

analogist

AlanC

My Mail is Forwarded Here
analogist said:
I will post most of my collection for educational purposes, not to one up anybody, as soon as I can get together with my pal WEEGEE, a professional photojournalist who know how to do this sort of thing.

:eusa_clap

Will this entail a trip to the Area 51 warehouse?

Back to custom hats; if you want a great hat, coupled with great advice and counsel, and a great buying experience, go no closer nor no further than Art Fawcett. You can't go wrong. Some hatters sell the sizzle, Art sells the steak! He is my favorite custom hatter, my confessor, my counselor, and my friend. You don't just get a hat from Art, you get an experience worth savoring.

Wise words from someone who certainly should know.

Tom-n-Perris

Vendor
analogist said:
I will come clean for the first time just for educational purposes and not to seem boastful.

I have been collecting hats far longer than probably anybody I know, let alone my fellow Loungers. I take FL very seriously but also find tons of informative material, good humor, great images, and most of all, friendships I have made.

My first conversation with Art was quite excellent. I liked him very much for his knowledge, his enthusiasm and his openness. Since my first order with him, which was a Sportaire, I own over 40 VS hats, including a PB Montecristi which arrived this morning. It is light, beautifully blocked, has a great ribbon and one which I will wear today despite the sweltering New York weather. It's the perfect hat for today. Someone much wittier than myself said New York is the only city which makes its own gravy.

My collection of VS hats of course includes all of my design collaborations with him such as Brooklyn, Goodfella, Hoosier, HST, Analog, Cascade, Twentieth Century Limited, Orange Blossom Special, Golden Spike, Route 66, Casablanca, Pacifica, Blue Dahlia, Grey Ghost, Spumoni, Bittersweer, Baked Alaska, Peach Melba, Sammy D and many more. I feel like a member of the Fawcett family which fills me with pride.

I own many more hats including four AB's, one AB Deluxe, lots of Gus Miller hats, an Optimo, and the list goes on. I am a firm believer of supporting the vendors and hatters who make positive contributions to the Fedora Lounge.

Our number one vendor, my friend Besdor(Steven) of Bencraft Hats has me as a regular customer and regular visitor. His father, Stanley is a great friend, and he has a great sales staff.

As for the Fedora Lounge, where else can you get together with so many fine people sharing the same passion from the comfort of your own home.

I promise pictures for which I have been asked countless times and thanks to all of you for so much fun.

analogist

Analogist

First let me thank you for your post and applaud you :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

I for one look forward to all or any photos of your hat collection which you decide to post here on the lounge. I anxiously await any information which you decide to expound upon us on any aspect of fedoras.

Your collaborations with Art, in my opinion, are impeccable. I also whole heartedly agree with your comments about Mr. Art Fawcett! He is a true Gentleman and someone whom I personally hold with the highest esteem. I am currently going through the afore mentioned process of acquiring a fine fedora from Mr. Fawcett. Anologist to quote you "You don't just get a hat from Art, you get an experience worth savoring." I agree ardently with your opinion. I also concure with your assessment of Art about "Some hatters sell the sizzle, Art sells the steak! ".

Anologist, I enthusiastically look forward to more of your post here on the Lounge. I hope to see you post soon.
Hats are like potato chips, You just can't have one! :D

Canyon

Familiar Face
Lefty said:
They're probably like some of those Optimo guys. :)

Nice look Bogart and Canyon. :eusa_clap

Art Fawcett said:
NB, Thanks for posting this. It looks terrific on you, especially with Canyon at your arm!! Hiya Canyon!!

Gentlemen, thank you very much. Art, great to see you! :)

Colby Jack

Call Me a Cab
analogist said:

analogist
Now here is something to truly look forward to....:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

BobC

NB, if my memory serves me, that hat is not a new one. I believe I have seen it before, but it's nice to see it again, especially now since Art and I have started the process of getting one of his hats for me to wear. Thanks for the pics again.

Your hat seems to be very similar to what I am looking for. I told Art I like his sportaire, but with a slightly wider ribbon which looks and sounds much like what you have from your pictures and description. Today I am leaning toward his granite color which seems would be very versatile, but I am having quite a battle with myself over color.

Mr. Analogist, I would love to see your hat collection.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
BobC said:
NB, if my memory serves me, that hat is not a new one. I believe I have seen it before, but it's nice to see it again, especially now since Art and I have started the process of getting one of his hats for me to wear. Thanks for the pics again.

Your hat seems to be very similar to what I am looking for. I told Art I like his sportaire, but with a slightly wider ribbon which looks and sounds much like what you have from your pictures and description. Today I am leaning toward his granite color which seems would be very versatile, but I am having quite a battle with myself over color.

Mr. Analogist, I would love to see your hat collection.

I did have an avatar with that hat recently, but it was very dark, and hard to see. I don't know that I had a chance to post pictures otherwise. However, I have a Sportaire in Granite that you might be thinking of, which was actually my first VS hat. The style and color are very versatile, and sees the most frequent wear of all my VS hats as a result. I highly recomend that combination. Here it is.

http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/bb36/Fedora_Dog/Custom Art Fawcett/

BobC

Not-Bogart13 said:
...I have a Sportaire in Granite that you might be thinking of, which was actually my first VS hat. The style and color are very versatile, and sees the most frequent wear of all my VS hats as a result. I highly recomend that combination

Yes, NB, you are correct, of course. Those are the pics I remember seeing. Thank you for showing them to me again. Yours may have been the first work of Art I saw on the Fedora Lounge, maybe even before I joined. That hat is really an eye full. I like it.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
Analogist,
Count me as one of the many who are anticipating your hat exhibition.
The part about your collection that is, so far, the most surprising to me is what I realized when looking through the AF hall of fame thread:

11-10-2006, 11:27 PM
I too have spoken with Mr.Fawcett a few times and am getting ready to take the plunge. Thanks all for your images. The only one which gives me some
doubt is the one called "Spumoni." What's with the name and what kind of hat wearer would wear this? I suppose someone with a great flair for style, and a true trendsetter.

analogist

Then,
12-04-2006, 02:44 PM
My relationship with Art started with a Bourbon Street and a Sportaire. They are super-fine and in my case were just the beginning of a spectacular collection only matched by my friendship with Art.

I have had the pleasure of collaborating with Art on the design of several hats which are now on his regular menu such as Route 66, Spumoni, Cascade, Brooklyn, Goodfellow, Bittersweet, Hoosier, Peach Melba and a bunch more.

You've really built up quite a large and varied collection in a short amount of time. Again, I cannot wait to see it.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
AlanC said:
^Take the first post you quote with tongue firmly in cheek. ;)

Oh, yes please...Spumoni is an Analogist design and name. We tussled over this one for a while, but it turned out pretty good, don't you think Lefty?

Analogist is traveling at the moment Gents but I will gently remind him whe he returns.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
You know I love the sage, Art.
Though I don't think that I'm a porkpie guy, I do think that it's my favorite one of your limited editions.

Lefty

I'll Lock Up
AlanC said:
^Take the first post you quote with tongue firmly in cheek. ;)

It did seem a little odd that he doubted it, but then wrote that he participated in designing it. In addition to fur, I guess that some people enjoy being shrouded in mystery. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80