Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

shrinking aero anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhz

Practically Family
I do know what he said, I'm trying to understand what led him to decide that it was the ph in the tanning process? What led him there? Or did he just go on Wiki and decide that it would become his guess? I'm trying to point out the absurdity of these random theories.

If you think this guess is absurdity, could you explain why they are not related please?

Superfluous

My Mail is Forwarded Here
1858d1326786351-come-tea-old-energizer-bunny-38591.jpg

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Schitzo, I apologize if my post came across too personal. That wasn't my intention.

What I meant by dumb is that the thread's gone bad. What I said earlier still stands - your problem is legit and I want you to see you having it resolved to your satisfaction no less than you do, because I still don't think your jacket should've shrunk - and if it's a normal thing, you should've been warned about it - but the fact is, we ain't getting closer to a solution, are we? Nothing that will come of this thread will have any affect on your next jacket, or your 10th jacket. That's a fact.
The way this thread's gone, people arguing over literally nothing, is what's saddens me, is all.

When some people confess a problem, many will hear it and offer to jump in with possible 'solutions.' The quality of these solutions, of course, will differ wildly in quality (cf. "how do I get smoke smell out of my leather jacket" threads). Other people, feeling clearly that no solution occurs to them, will offer sympathy and 'support.' Still others will offer some combination of both, in a proportion that roughly coincides with their knowledge of the problem space and their general level of empathy/solidarity with their fellow man and/or friend. And still others will view the situation dispassionately and perhaps come to the conclusion that neither a solution nor empathy is an appropriate response, perhaps because there isn't enough information for the former and not enough 'amicability' exists for the latter. Then as things continue and new people come in, certain things are repeated, people are gotten 'up to speed', etc., old information is rehashed, new lines of thought are either created or derailed, etc. Personally, while many of the solutions offered sound plausible, and many appear to be 'grasping at straws,' in my experience this is what 'problem solving' looks like on a typical forum: many different people with many different backgrounds and approaches coming together with a wide spectrum of standards. Add the element of time and existing content and things move forward, if at all, much like a Bachian 'toccata and fugue.' I find it interesting and a learning experience to see 'crowdsourcing' in action: sometimes a creative solution may result; but not all problems have solutions that are amenable to crowdsourcing.

I realize I've added nothing to this discussion. Just meta-chiming in on the discussion.

pawineguy

One Too Many
If you think this guess is absurdity, could you explain why they are not related please?

It's absurd because you pulled it off of Wikipedia, and you didn't even know the type of leather that the jacket was constructed from, you had to ask the forum to confirm. (and you didn't have it correct) Perhaps Horween did ruin an entire batch of leather, but my point is that you have nothing to point you towards that conclusion.

ProteinNerd

Schitz, have you tried contacting Horween and asking them about shrinkage? They would have a better insight into the actual leather than Aero.

dan_t

Practically Family
Dan..
Schitzo's responses to you actually has little to do with your 'newness' here. That is just something that he can use since you seem disagreeable. The berating..belittling..lecturing happens in practically every thread or poll that Schitzo posts. Scolding others has become the biggest part of his process as he has noticed that he can and does get away with it. Matters not who you are,how well liked,how reasonable,or how many posts you have accumulated. If you fail to keep quiet (as he suggests) the next step in his exercise of language is to 'up' the insults. He does somewhat eloquently still manage to play others who somehow become involved in his threads,but woe to those who just don't measure up to his standards. It seems this happens because a schitzo thread can start out innocently enough drawing others in but soon develops into quite something else that he enjoys much more than the topic at hand. He has done quite well in this attempt by successfully dragging out and delaying what would seem to be the gest of his problem. That will be saved for the opportune time to start anew the same procedure with very similar effect. Solving any problem with the jacket is secondary to the game he plays. All one must do is read his responses to others to discover the game. Nothing new here.
HD

Thanks HD, I have come to assume this was the case.
There are always some members of these great forums who take this approach.
I may be 'new' here, but have been a member of several high end watch & motorcycle forums for many years & have witnessed the same.

As per my last sign off, I do wish schizo well in his endeavours to find a suitable answer.

If taken for purely entertainment value however, this is quite the thread!

Last edited:

alsendk

A-List Customer
Ave Maria, this really is the mother of all leather threads. All are still discussing Szhitzos wrinkles and creases ? :O)
If he haven`t found a satisfying explanation in 327 comments and a dvd, it isn`t likely ever to happen.
This funny thread takes character of Pachelbels canon in D major. It goes on and on and on, for the fun of Schitzo himself. Is it only Hoosier Daddy, who can see that this thread has taken form of a sideshow, with Schitzo standing with a baton, directing you all to play his tune :O)

Last edited:

schitzo

Suspended

that's interesting, thanks Superfluous. I know that aero make jackets for kids but this has me wondering if they'll cater for pets too. If so, then I wonder how those might crease, and if they'd shrink

I realize I've added nothing to this discussion.

I disagree, i thought you were good.

Schitz, have you tried contacting Horween and asking them about shrinkage? They would have a better insight into the actual leather than Aero.

Good shout PN, i may just do that and report back. Thanks bro

Is it only Hoosier Daddy, that can see that this thread has taken form of a sideshow)

Yep, the poor fella sees and hears a lot that no one else does, it can't be easy

Last edited:

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Well, I come to think the same, this thread is not about the jacket at all. A fit-pic is made in a minute and posted in two, so why isn't it coming, if the fit is paramount? Asking Horween about shrinkage of FQHH would be the reasonable thing to do, what are you wainting for?
But of course I get it all wrong because of my terrible bad command of the English language. Ei Äm Ä Gerrmann, after all! :D

schitzo

Suspended
Well, I come to think the same, this thread is not about the jacket at all. A fit-pic is made in a minute and posted in two, so why isn't it coming, if the fit is paramount? Asking Horween about shrinkage of FQHH would be the reasonable thing to do, what are you wainting for?
But of course I get it all wrong because of my terrible bad command of the English language. Ei Äm Ä Gerrmann, after all! :D

"Those who assume hypotheses as first principles of their speculations ... may indeed form an ingenious romance, but a romance it will still be"

Don, please try to assume less and think more. Clearly there are countless possible answers to your questions. But since I like you, let me save you some time:

FYI
1) My camera woman is away on business
2) Your English is a lot better than many of the semi literate native speakers who have cluttered up this thread with their transparent attempts at derailing and/or closing it. Perhaps if we'd had less of those there'd have been more time for me to manage my own updates, the tempo of which would then have possibly been more to your liking, do you dig?
3) Yes, I am falling behind on some admin atm on account of there being more important issues of an urgent nature demanding my attention

Re the speed with which the OP updates a thread, any thread
You're not suggesting this should be determined by the pack as opposed to the guy himself, are you? I don't recall ever reading that part of the rules. If I'd known there were time limits - be they unwritten or written - I may have been a bit more pensive before taking the decision to enrol here. Unfortunately, I didn't, and it's a bit too late for that now cos I'm here! Granted, I may post gentle reminders from time to time for people to deliver on pics they have promised but I'd never come onto a thread of yours and tell you to update it faster because your tempo is not satisfying me. I'd leave it to whither and die before I did that because to do so would not be respectful, would it? And that applies whether I agreed, disagreed, liked, or disliked whatever it is was that you had to say over there. Frankly, people understandably have lives to lead that are not centred around this place. I would have thought a man with your IQ could comprehend and respect that. The bottom line is Don, If I said I'll post fit pics, it means I'll post fit pics. So please sit back, relax, and let it happen organically. I don't get what the urgency is around here and suffice to say it isn't helping my lucidity. Ordinarily I'd suggest you tap up Tropical Bob for one of his 'cigarettes' but I gather you've quit smoking. I think that was a good choice, but could it be that this is what's making you so antsy?

As for contacting Horween, that's an email I'm very hesitant about since I wouldn't want to come over as accusatory or hostile and since my personal view at this stage is that it's most likely nothing at all to do with them. Thus it's correspondence that, if submitted, would require delicacy, ergo it'd probably take a bit of time and thought to compose carefully, possibly more than I can spare today. If that's OK with you and the rest of the pack, I care not! In summary, such trepidation is an example of me following my own advice - and thinking. Respectfully Don, perhaps you could do likewise (think - as in a bit more please) before assuming hypotheses

TTFN

Last edited:

Superfluous

Don, please try to assume less and think more.

Nice opening upper-cut.

But since I like you, let me save you some time

I'd hate to see how you treat people you do not like.

My camera woman is away on business

My toilet paper girl is away on vacation . . . .yet, I somehow manage to wipe in her absence.

Your English is a lot better than many of the semi literate native speakers who have cluttered up this thread

Having begun with a snide comment directed at Don, it was inevitable that you would broaden the target of your disparagement.

If I'd known there were time limits - be they unwritten or written - I may have been a bit more pensive before taking the decision to enrol here.

This one is way too easy.

I'd leave it to whither and die

Again, way too easy.

because to do so would not be respectful, would it?

Respectful? As in calling people “semi-literate” or telling someone that he needs to “think more”?

I would have thought a man with your IQ could comprehend and respect that.

So long as he “thinks more,” right?

If I said I'll post fit pics, it means I'll post fit pics. So please sit back, relax, and let it happen organically.

Does your “camera woman” do fit pics organically?

it isn't helping my lucidity.

Again, way too easy!

I wouldn't want to come over as accusatory or hostile

Too late.

it'd probably take a bit of time and thought to compose carefully

Good strategy. See above.

Respectfully Don, perhaps you could do likewise (think - as in a bit more please)

Respectfully Don, I am going to be disrespectful.

Other than the foregoing, great post!!!

schitzo

Suspended
Nice opening upper-cut.

Thanks bud

I'd hate to see how you treat people you do not like.

Yes to read that in an online forum about outerwear, posted in accordance with the house rules so as not to get the thread closed, would be truly ghastly. I can see your point.

My toilet paper girl is away on vacation . . . .yet, I somehow manage to wipe in her absence.

How do you know I've wiped this week?

Having begun with a snide comment directed at Don, it was inevitable that you would broaden the target of your disparagement.

If you'd focus equal attention on some of the other contributions - post 172 is just one example - I think we can agree that 'semi' is probably generous

This one is way too easy.

Too easy for me to utter or you to bypass? I'm not following

Again, way too easy.

again, you've lost me. Perhaps if you try processing the words as part of the context they were written in, it'll help you. Or are you only reading me?

Respectful? As in calling people “semi-literate” or telling someone that he needs to “think more”?

I have respect for every member of the house who abides by the rules and posts with no hidden agenda, literate or otherwise. Though I reserve the right to disagree vociferously on the occasions that require it

So long as he “thinks more,” right?

Thinking is to be encouraged, yes

Does your “camera woman” do fit pics organically?

Strange question. When she's around she'll oblige me if I ask nicely. When she's not here, I find asking her to is an uphill struggle

Again, way too easy!

How very disciplined of you to deny yourself the 'open goals' - should I be grateful? I'm not. Please, wade right in and help yourself

Too late.

You don't speak for Horween

Good strategy. See above.

Well, those were my thoughts at the time. If you have some better ones, of your own, then this is the place for sharing!

Respectfully Don, I am going to be disrespectful.

Other than the foregoing, great post!!!

Re that last one:

Thanks buddy, I'm glad you enjoyed it. All in all, you've done a pretty good hatchet job here of responding to my words as though they are independent of a context, when actually that of course is absolutely not the case. About that, let's try the thinking thing, as cited above..

Do you think a thread with content that was less than favourable about any other maker could reach page 34 in such a short space of time? And if not, why is that? It is a legitimate question yet it's one that an inordinately high percentage of posters here will prefer to shun altogether or answer strategically. Which of course raises questions in itself. The answer to my question, the honest and accurate one, is dispersed intermittently throughout these 34 pages. If the context for my words on this thread is not yet crystal clear in the reader's mind, then any who give an airborne forniication about it (the context I mean, and I realise this does not apply to you) are free to read on and educate themselves.

Last edited:

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
Look, schitzo, before people start thinking this is personal between us, I couldn't care less about any pics or else. Of course, I'm curious about this jacket because you make such a fuss about it, but if it is too much to ask for pics of the item in question, fine. Not willing to contact Horween about "shrinking leather"? Fine! More speculation about "seam-induced-stress" and whatnot? Oh, please, yes!
This thread becomes a comedy then, but why not? What else is life and we the mere actors? The only thing I really don't need is the belittling, pat-on-the-head-style you sometimes use towards me. I hate this, serious.

schitzo

Suspended
Look, schitzo, before people start thinking this is personal between us, I couldn't care less about any pics or else. Of course, I'm curious about this jacket because you make such a fuss about it, but if it is too much to ask for pics of the item in question, fine. Not willing to contact Horween about "shrinking leather"? Fine! More speculation about "seam-induced-stress" and whatnot? Oh, please, yes!
This thread becomes a comedy then, but why not? What else is life and we the mere actors? The only thing I really don't need is the belittling, pat-on-the-head-style you sometimes use towards me. I hate this, serious.

Don, I may have taken a few liberties on account of the mutual respect that I have figured exists between us, and if that's irking you I am sorry. I didn't want to irk you. I wanted it to be more thought provoking than patronising. I kind of figured you'd read that, see it for what it is, think about the questions raised a bit, note the ridiculous and comical nature of much of it, and draw no offence - which is seems was a slight miscalculation. Again, I do hope there are no hard feelings. For the record, I am glad you're here and I appreciate your reflective, more philosophical moments.

As I knew all along, you are of course perfectly capable of speaking up for yourself.

I will try some shots with the self timer (which is not my preference) as a means of pacifying the genuine straight shooters who are interested and who have waited patiently. For the record, the naysayer's impatience has not in any way accelerated the process!

Last edited:

pawineguy

One Too Many
For the record, the naysayer's impatience has not in any way accelerated the process!

A quick Google search reveals more photos posted online of Bigfoot sightings since the start of this thread than of fit pics of the jacket. No one will consider this "accelerated."

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Deep breaths Gentlemen please. As the conversation has veered away from discussing jackets and spiraled down the rabbit hole into a dinner party of verbal point scoring, it's time to call it a day.

This should come as no surprise to our long term members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner