Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Shuron Glasses

ifan martin

New in Town
They look like they may be too snug on the sides of the head, which may tend to cause headaches in the long run. Can you take a photo with your head slightly tilted down towards the camera so I can see how the temples touch the sides of your head?

BTW, they didn't used to include cases-- very nice to see that addition! I've never received a cleaning cloth, though.
Yes, i though it was too thight on my side of head. i think i can bend the temple

This is my old ronsir in 50-22, compared with my sidewinder is 48-22 on previous page. which one is looked better on my face?

Ronsir 50-22
15219539_1233502083378386_8708331258459953757_n.jpg

Sidewinder 48-22
900x900px-LL-70472b7d_DSC05320.jpeg

if i want to pick up shuron freeway, which one should i choose, 50-22 or 48-22?

Last edited:

MisterGrey

Practically Family
They're both nice looking glasses. Really depends on the look you're going for.

Ideally you want enough space on the side of your head to be able to pass the blade of a butter knife between your head and the temple (don't go trying this, though!), especially with thicker temples. Wire temples are a little more forgiving. If there's an optician in your area who provides free adjustments I would take them to him/her to see about having them bowed out. Another reason you want a bit more play with Shurons is that, since they don't have spring hinges, they require more precision adjusting to be made comfortable for long term wear.

Simply based on the front-photo I'd recommend a 50 eyesize for your freeway, but, again, that depends on the tightness of the sides.

westpier

New in Town
Great Specs Job
i use the Shuron Nusir http://optometristattic.com/7194_Optometrist_Attic.htm
which is the middle size in between the Revelation & the Ronsir.
Works perfect for me ,,,,i have the other 2 but dont work well with my progressive scrips...
Say Shuron makes clipons for your Revelation & there Krazy kool...
Oh yea Real nice Borso !

I didn't pay any attention to the Nusir as I presumed they were for women (the Shuron website calls the range 'Nusir Bouquet'). Why didn't the Zyl / Revelation suit your progessive lenses? I wear the same lenses (aka varifocals) so would be interested to find out. I was currently deciding on Zyl or Timberline vs Revelation, though the only reason I was thinking about Revelation was my optician advised on not too deep a lense (my distance is -6.50). The Nusir looks a very good compromise however I really wanted the clip-ons as well which don't come with that range.

augustwest

New in Town
It seems that if frames are not in their catalogs from the distrubiters then they will not order them. I went to 4 different opticians. All said the same. Even on the DKNY frames I got I had numbers and everything. They don't seem to deal with anything that is not in their books. Customer service seems to be gone now too. Funny how I could order any frme I want on the net for cheaper than from the optrician anyway.

as far as I was concerned the optrician would just have to order the frame from Shuron " I even brought in printed numbers and phone number" add their markup and charge the insurance. but nope doesn't work that way.

I have some modern Shuron frames. I bought them directly from Shuron, took them to the Optrician Shop and told them to put lenses in them matching my prescription. Task accomplished, no problem, no argument. They are just to lazy to do anything out of the regular routine, so had to do some of the leg work myself. But got what I wanted in the end.

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
I have some modern Shuron frames. I bought them directly from Shuron, took them to the Optrician Shop and told them to put lenses in them matching my prescription. Task accomplished, no problem, no argument. They are just to lazy to do anything out of the regular routine, so had to do some of the leg work myself. But got what I wanted in the end.

I realize this is a older thread although thought I ask; There's so many variables in frames, how did you know what size to order? No one in my area wants to bother, just wants you to pick from what they have on the shelf. When I mention a off the wall manufacturer, they just frown and make a excuse not to accommodate you and then reach for the "EASY" button, Sad. I like the Shuron items also, how well have they held up?
Thanks, G.

Ernest P Shackleton

One Too Many
I realize this is a older thread although thought I ask; There's so many variables in frames, how did you know what size to order? No one in my area wants to bother, just wants you to pick from what they have on the shelf. When I mention a off the wall manufacturer, they just frown and make a excuse not to accommodate you and then reach for the "EASY" button, Sad. I like the Shuron items also, how well have they held up?
Thanks, G.
You should be able to go into any chain shop and get measured. If not, you can use guides like this to help. I would also check youtube for tutorials on measuring.
http://optometristattic.com/Measure.htm

James Fisher

New in Town
Been wearing Shuron and only Shuron glasses for at least 12 years. As long as they are not frameless they will produce real glass lenses without argument! Glass is without argument the clearest/optically material- yes it is heavier and there is limited risk of breakage.
Great helpful staff, prompt service, they let you try frames.... what more can I say

D00R

One of the Regulars
Does anyone know if these glasses from Batman are Shuron brand ? Ive looked through all of there glasses and these don’t match up ...

Attachments

• D5D87D4F-6332-4DCE-8145-67231F6E04D5.jpeg
    D5D87D4F-6332-4DCE-8145-67231F6E04D5.jpeg
    220.6 KB · Views: 1,722
  • 7E7CAA7C-0845-418E-AF02-80B16352E4C6.jpeg
    7E7CAA7C-0845-418E-AF02-80B16352E4C6.jpeg
    231.7 KB · Views: 1,129
  • D08A1309-49EC-4E9E-9327-34F993314162.jpeg
    D08A1309-49EC-4E9E-9327-34F993314162.jpeg
    220 KB · Views: 821
  • 0EF75B81-92BF-4F03-A877-D0F31149ED5A.jpeg
    0EF75B81-92BF-4F03-A877-D0F31149ED5A.jpeg
    230.7 KB · Views: 1,569
  • EF44A1F3-8C35-46F0-90A7-A1EEBB3C0546.jpeg
    EF44A1F3-8C35-46F0-90A7-A1EEBB3C0546.jpeg
    444.8 KB · Views: 1,991

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
While they could be a Shuron of old, they might also be a Artcraft item, they look a lot like the Art-Bilt 100.
Both companies offered a Military based "P3" lens shape. You can buy them several ways including cables. That said, they appear to be rimless, perhaps a custom build up using P3 lens in a Rimway frame.

Last edited:

D00R

One of the Regulars
For years ive been trying to find them. They have a unique lens shape that are arched and not a full round shape.
I remember everyone wanted to be Bruce Wayne all pensive in the bat face wearing his glasses when that move came out.

Retromoto

One of the Regulars
I think the lens shape you're referring to is the P3, I believe these were used by the armed forces during WWll, the lens shape offered excellent optics and when mounted in the normal rimmed frames were very durable. My guess is this is a P3 type lens, drilled to mount separate nose & bow mounts, IMO they would be pretty delicate, requiring a bit of care in wearing.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ