Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Signs of The Times - Astrology Thread

Which sign are you?

• Water - Cancer, Pisces, Scorpio

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • Fire - Sagittarius, Aries, Leo

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Earth - Capricorn, Taurus, Virgo

Votes: 4 15.4%
  • Air - Aquarius, Gemini, Libra

Votes: 2 7.7%
  • Astrology is just a bunch of malarkey.

Votes: 4 15.4%

• Total voters
And do you live up to it?

I'm a Sagittarian, and though I really don't believe in this sort of hokum (numerology is really where it's at) I have to say that whenever I meet someone new, I can tell right away if they're a fellow Sagittarian. They'll start talking about different plans they're making (that usually never come to fruition - typical Sag trait) or they'll complain that it's three degrees too cold or three degrees too hot in the room, or that there really needs to be a lamp over in that corner. Sagittarians are known for kvetching because we instantly see how anything can be improved. It's the arrow we have in our hands, and thus we're always on target. In fact, I had entertained the notion of starting a magazine called The Archer which would be staffed by nothing but Sagittarians. Yes, another Sag plan that will never come to fruition.

What about you? Are you bull-headed? Poisonous? Judicious? And who are my fellow Sages here? (Hard to tell just from posts, so in a wild guess - Doc Devereux, Tony in Tarzana, and possibly NightandtheCity - Did I get at least one right?)

Regards,

Senator Jack

Spatterdash

A-List Customer
I'm a midnight birth between December 21 and 22, so I'm half Capricorn and half Sag.
That makes me 1/4 goat, 1/4 fish, 1/4 man and 1/4 horse.

It would appear that I'm a frikkin' zoo.

...which isn't terribly shocking in retrospect.

"Doc" Devereux

One Too Many
'Fraid not, old sport, I'm a Scorpio. In fact, one ex of mine (a witch with a sideline in this sort of thing) claimed I was pretty close to the archetype. But as a personality rundown, I thought this was a bit of a giggle.

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Gemini (June 11) here, and I'm definitely a good fit. Others born on my birthday include Bob Hope, Jacques Costeau, Hugh Laurie (House), Gene Wilder, Vince Lombardi and Joe Montana.

I definitely have both the creative and the intellectual sides of the Gemini duality.

Scorpios are the most intense, profound, powerful characters in the zodiac. Even when they appear self-controlled and calm there is a seething intensity of emotional energy under the placid exterior.

Yeah, one of my closest friends is a Scorpio and that's him to a T. I should have known. You two even have the same shaved head and beard.lol

Regards,

SJ

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Well, the sign I was actually born under was the Texaco star...

sign.jpg

...and, true to that, I do have a spotless restroom and remember to change my oil every 3000 miles. But astrologically, I'm a Gemini -- May 27. Communicative and witty, intellectual and eloquent, nervous and tense.

Nahh, doesn't sound a thing like me.

Caledonia

Practically Family
Hi fellow horse man. Don't think I'm typical though. Not sporty (weight training, dancing, and dog walking's as far as I'm going), not an out there go getter, not social and gregarious (sociable but not social). But I am those things you said about pernickity (my word) and loads planned but not started! I am definitely insensitive to other people's feelings (think before I speak, then feel really bad), and don't understand what's wrong with calling a spade a spade. I definitely can't shoot a bow and arrow. Tried. Target butt thing over there - arrow thingies everywhere else. But I do have broad shoulders, a long back, a big swishy tail, and look a bit like a horse in certain lights. :D

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Aquarius. We're fun but somewhat aloof, distant; cannot countenance the thought of being predictable, are loyal, creative, artsy, full of ideas and love to collect and disburse information. Passionate, generally kind, but can be ruthless and cold. Clark Gable, Ronald Reagan, Fredrico Fellini, Christian Dior, Humphrey Bogart, Robert Burns, Paul Newman, Abraham Lincoln, Wolfgang Mozart, Anton Chekov, Tom Selleck, FDR, Norman Mailer, James Joyce, Charles Lindbergh, Charles Dickens, Jimmy Hoffa, John L. Lewis - how's that for interesting company?

I am to avoid Cancers like the plague: The 2 worst broken hearts of my life have been at the hands of Cancers.

Sagittarians are my lifelong friends, which is true. I only know two: My lifelong friend, and my daughter. Sagittarians are more fun than there is. :)

Married to a scorpio. Actually, married to my second scorpio. The first's mother was a serious astrologer. Too bad she couldn't predict that marriage to her daughter would only last 365 days. lol lol

Maj.Nick Danger

I'll Lock Up
I'm one also, born on December 2nd.

Strange subject, astrology,...with a strange sort of duality about it. On one hand we have the fortune tellers that seem to pretend to be able to foretell the future, everyone's future, and on the other hand, it does have some logical basis in that all planets and stars actually do have a gravitational pull, and hence perhaps some influence on us. The moon in particular as it is in close proximity. Given the fact that we are composed of mostly water, the gravitational pull of an object such as our moon, seems to have an effect on some people. I have known policemen that have noted that they see an increase in violent and crazy acts at these times.
The Three Wise Men of Biblical fame are called astrologers in some texts, and as they were from the east, Babylon, it is thought that they were diciples of the prophet Daniel. They knew by the positions of the stars and planets at a given time would denote the time of the birth of The Messiah. It has been proposed that there was a super nova visible in the sky at that time and that this was the star they then followed. Newtonian physics well before the time of Newton? The entire cosmos is essentially a clock, and if one knows what will happen when the big hand is on the twelve, and the little hand is on the five, then perhaps in a sense one can predict the future?
Saggitarians are philosophical,...yes? Always asking questions. lol

Caledonia

Practically Family
Hi new lifelong friends! ;)

I'm 25 Nov, and I think therefore I am, except when I'm questioning my existence, and why there's this chap running along behind me with a shovel and bucket. What is that?!! :p

Not sure how accurate astrology is, but seeing as we're all part of the natural world, and as you said Maj. Nick, there's water, and tides, and gravitational pull, etc, I can't but think that there's something to be read into the stars. Sometimes those magazine predictions are right there, but the rest of the time it's just seaweed. Had my chart done a couple of times many moons ago. Can't say it grabbed me. And I always get the feeling with astrology, psychics et al that they're looking for clues rather than doing the job.

Briscoeteque

One of the Regulars
Senator Jack said:
And do you live up to it?

I'm a Sagittarian, and though I really don't believe in this sort of hokum (numerology is really where it's at) I have to say that whenever I meet someone new, I can tell right away if they're a fellow Sagittarian. They'll start talking about different plans they're making (that usually never come to fruition - typical Sag trait) or they'll complain that it's three degrees too cold or three degrees too hot in the room, or that there really needs to be a lamp over in that corner. Sagittarians are known for kvetching because we instantly see how anything can be improved. It's the arrow we have in our hands, and thus we're always on target. In fact, I had entertained the notion of starting a magazine called The Archer which would be staffed by nothing but Sagittarians. Yes, another Sag plan that will never come to fruition.

What about you? Are you bull-headed? Poisonous? Judicious? And who are my fellow Sages here? (Hard to tell just from posts, so in a wild guess - Doc Devereux, Tony in Tarzana, and possibly NightandtheCity - Did I get at least one right?)

Regards,

Senator Jack

I'm a fellow Sagittarian, and I never knew that whole complaining thing was related to my sign. I thought it was the result of being born into a family of would-be observational/insult comedians. But I'm always thinking about how to improve things in my own particular style. If you ever get a chance, Kurt Vonnegut wrote a short story called 'Custom-Made Bride' that fits me to a T, execpt I'm more traditional than modern.

And I am very sensitive to tempurature. I outright despise anything above 75, and like my interior temps (optimally) around 55-65. I hate when it's like 40 degrees outside in the fall or something, and the heat inside is 75.

I come up with a bunch of ideas too that'll never happen. Like my sitcom/drama about a psychiatrist who gets his clients by moonlighting as a bartender (or cabbie, I couldn't decide). Or wingtip sandels that I came up with as I was walking on the beaches in wingtips.

Matthew Dalton

A-List Customer
They're all really just listing common things that most people would say are true about them, people dismiss the one or two that don't fit and feel the star signs are somehwat valid.

Astrology should be done away with, everyone who really thinks about it knows Phrenology is the way to go.

That's a funny post, Baron.

Posted by Briscoeteque:

And I am very sensitive to tempurature. I outright despise anything above 75, and like my interior temps (optimally) around 55-65. I hate when it's like 40 degrees outside in the fall or something, and the heat inside is 75.

Yes! Apart from February and August, I expect normal weather, and I get crazy when my spring is ruined by days of rain, and my autumn is ruined by early snow. I also can't stand when it's 90 degrees out and the stores have the air turned down to 40. Then when it's 40 degrees in the winter, they have the heat turned up to 90.

All right, so far we have five contributors for The Archer, right? :D

Regards,

Senator Jack

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran