Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silver Grey Socks with a Dark Suit and Dark Shoes

Highlander

A-List Customer
Just wondering the thoughts on this. I saw a photo of the Rat Pack, with Peter Lawford wearing what appears to be light grey socks with his dark suit and dark shoes.... Thoughts???

20f0c25209eee8708fe94d66ea420a7a.jpg

-30-

A-List Customer
The expressions on the other members' faces indicate that he was "Doing it, is way!"
(And the shoes; The Shoes!)

Regards,
J T

LuvMyMan

I’ll Lock Up.
Just a guess on this. He was known to wear NO socks. It may be the case in that picture.

Jerry Lewis had a different approach about socks with a statement he never wore a pair but once and then toss them out.

-30-

A-List Customer
Never being a fan of Jerry, all that I can write is that as with the socks, so with his "comedy performance".

Regards,
J T

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
My father's Uncle Harry, who lived in an apartment house on our block when I was growing up, was a WWI vet (a Doughboy), a rider of the rails in his youth, an associate of Dutch Shutz, and the best-dressed man I've ever known. I often think of him as the archetype of the "Golden Age, as discussed so often on this forum: Beautiful fedoras, perfectly pressed shirts and suits, shiny, well-polished shoes, and always, always white silk socks. When he passed away my dad and I cleaned out his apartment, and his sock drawer had only white silks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran