Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Silvermans Officers Boots?

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
I have just received my new Barbour International which I bought from Silvermans.

They sent a catalog which has these officers’ boots in. They say they are hand made in the UK, wonder who by? They look pretty good to me.

Has anyone bought a pair?

James

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
Yeh, it’s for wearing on the old Triumph and AJS on rainy days.

Thought those officers boots would go well on the ww2 Norton. But they are not cheap. I have a thing about wearing period gear to match the bikes.

James

taggers

New in Town
5 shiny pounds says those boots are either made by Alfred Sargent or NPS in Northampton. I've got a couple of pairs of brogued boots from them (OK, 5) and they are superb.

Not fancy like yer Trickers and that, but hard wearing and comfy.

Nice boots.

jamespibworth@n

One of the Regulars
I bought a pair!

As you can see they are made by William Lennon and Co in Derbyshire. They are very similar to their Derby boots (http://www.williamlennon.co.uk/footwear/78ptc-mens-traditional-leather-derby-boot.html ) only more expensive!

I was sure they were going to be very uncomfortable at first but have to say they are not too bad at all, although they are a little heavy.

I wondered at first how that triple sole was stitched but I have been told that the leather is soaked first so a needle will pass through. Anyone know if this is correct?

Not sure about the rubber stick on soles?

Am pleased with them and may now order the Derbys.

James

Doublegun

Practically Family
Does anyone happen to have a pair of White's "Derby"? I have been admising them for quite a while thinking they might make for a good semi-dress shoe when the weather here goes to hell in the winter. At approx $205 US they seem like a reasonably priced shoe. Thougts?

Mysterious Mose

Practically Family
How you doin' Doublegun,

Don't you mean Lennon's Derby or White's semi-dress?

White's semi-dress are amazing but a bit more pricey.
I've heard nothing but praise about Lennon's boots. They'll be my next buy.

M.M.
Doublegun said:
Does anyone happen to have a pair of White's "Derby"? I have been admising them for quite a while thinking they might make for a good semi-dress shoe when the weather here goes to hell in the winter. At approx $205 US they seem like a reasonably priced shoe. Thougts?

Doublegun

Practically Family
Mysterious Mose said:
How you doin' Doublegun,

Don't you mean Lennon's Derby or White's semi-dress?

White's semi-dress are amazing but a bit more pricey.
I've heard nothing but praise about Lennon's boots. They'll be my next buy.

M.M.

Thank you, MM. I stand corrected. Anyone own a pair of Lennon's Derby boots that will share their experience? I agree, Whites are extremely nice but bloody expensive.

I am open to suggestions of other semi-dress/dress boots for foul weather wear that would look sharp with a sport coat and wool pants.

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Yeps- Lennons are up there with the best but with an English twist.
Some of their boot styles would be just as much at home with a nice pair of vintage denims, as they would with traditional/country gear.

I think their prices are pretty sharp for serious boots.

"Triple soled and hobnailed" is becoming a mantra for me...

This is the kind of press they need- but more of it.

B
T

Creeping Past

One Too Many
W Lennon's boots are great quality. Their WW1 boot is very authentic and good looking, too.

Double and triple soles are the way to go... walking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran