Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Single breasted peak lapel ref picture

Robert Conway

A-List Customer
Hello gents

I'm having a suit made and am looking for some reference pictures of a single breasted peak lapel suit circa 1930 to the early 1940's. I've looked through the archives, but could use some more material. A while back Marc Chevalier posted a few very clear shots of suits on a mannequin, which made for excellent reference material.

Could you guys post a few pictures? Pictures shot head on in a neutral pose are best...

thanks in advance

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Some pics (I hope they can be of use)

Not sure if you can work from these, as they are random shots taken in November last, but hopefully it will give you 'some idea' of the proportions of this single breast LARGE winged lapels. The fabric is dark blue (in almost a plaid effect) with a subtle red window pane design.

IMG_1389.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

PORTLAND012.jpg

thunderw21

I'll Lock Up
Thank you!

Frankly, I have no idea. It is was custom made job with no union tag so trying to date it according to the stying is out since it was up to personal preference.

BruceTracy

One of the Regulars
PADDY said:
Not sure if you can work from these, as they are random shots taken in November last, but hopefully it will give you 'some idea' of the proportions of this single breast LARGE winged lapels. The fabric is dark blue (in almost a plaid effect) with a subtle red window pane design.

IMG_1389.jpg

DSCN0696.jpg

DSCN0692.jpg

PORTLAND012.jpg
No offense, but you might want to have your jacket sleeves shortened.

MattStat

New in Town
PADDY said:
Not sure if you can work from these, as they are random shots taken in November last, but hopefully it will give you 'some idea' of the proportions of this single breast LARGE winged lapels.

Those pictures are fantastic, especially the group photo.

What was the function?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran