Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Siracusa (Italy) War Cemetary.

riccardo

Practically Family
Hi to all,
today I have visited the WWII Cemetary in Siracusa,there was buried (from to bury) the allied soldier dead during the sicilian campaign 1943/45.
I would like to let you know that it is in georgeous condition.
Wonderful green grass,very clean. It is under Commonwealth control and care.
Today there are a lot of people looking these young solidier's tombstones, a lot of them were Royal Force's marines or aviator, some American and other allied force.
Here disembarked the English Force, near Agrigento (Licata) disembarked the American Force.
The American soldiers are buried in Agira War Cemetary, but here there are 4 American soldiers too.
Me and my wife have prayed God for your (us) brother and sons died.
Best regards.
Riccardo.

boomerchop

One of the Regulars
Thank you,

Thank you, riccardo, for taking the time to visit the cemetery. I appreciate you remembering the dead and their sacrifice. No doubt some family members of the deceased would like to have been there as well but could not be. Your actions are gallant and gentlemanly.

Incidently, I visited Sicily and Siracusa while I was on the USS Orion, in La Maddalena, Sardegna. Beautiful country and my wife and I loved the people. We miss you alot!

Best wishes and never forget.
Paul Webb
LCDR, SC, USN (Ret.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy