Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Sister thread to Dagwood's too busy thread

jgilbert

One of the Regulars
Did not want to highjack Dogwoods’ thread. However, I have a real problem with patterns. All my suits and sports coats are solid. And same for most my shirts. So the only pattern is in my ties and some in my socks.

So how does one over come the fear of “too busy”? What is the best way to ease myself into wearing both a pattern shirt and tie?

Thanks

Orgetorix

Call Me a Cab
jgilbert said:
Did not want to highjack Dogwoods’ thread. However, I have a real problem with patterns. All my suits and sports coats are solid. And same for most my shirts. So the only pattern is in my ties and some in my socks.

So how does one over come the fear of “too busy”? What is the best way to ease myself into wearing both a pattern shirt and tie?

Thanks

The easiest way to do it is to buy a shirt that has a similar pattern to one of your ties (i.e., a striped shirt to go with a striped tie), but in a different scale. If you have a tie with widely-spaced stripes, get a shirt with a fine, close-set stripe.

Also, look at old Apparel Arts/Esquire photos for inspiration. Some can be found here, and more elsewhere on the FL and over at the London Lounge.

AuctionphotosApil050.jpg

AuctionphotosApil051.jpg

AuctionphotosApil055.jpg

lightgreysuitcopy3sr.jpg

houndstoothsuitpr9.jpg

greyredstripecopy6zuhf2.jpg

Marty M.

Vendor
[Also, look at old Apparel Arts/Esquire photos for inspiration. Some can be found here, and more elsewhere on the FL and over at the London Lounge.]

Thanks for shareing the pic's Orgetorix. I love those old classic Apparel Arts/Esquire pic's.
Marty Mathis

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart