Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size 48 40s/Early 50s Leather jacket

Well, I lucked out on this one, and so can the lucky buyer. I've acquired a German leather jacket from the late 1940s or early 50s. The jacket is brown leather and made of that uniquely German "heavy bull hide" that can only be compared to the Aero Heavy Horse. The main zip is ZIPP brand, and the sleeve zips are RiRi. I'll get images up tomorrow. The jacket is single breasted, 2 hip pockets, Gutos brand quick release side buckles at hip level (one broken, sadly) both are Gutos and are US Pat. and DBP (Deutscher Bundespatent; as compared to prewar and wartime DRP: Deutscher Reichspatent) marked.

This is a big one chaps, these don't come along very often. Other than the broken buckle (which still grips the strap, just can't tighten) and a bit of standard patina wear - no holes rips or tears in the leather and the brown wool liner is in great shape.

Measurements:

Chest: 25.5"
Shoulder: 20"
Length (back): 29.75"
Arm: 26.5"

I'm asking a rock bottom price for this very rare large sized civilian German leather jacket of £175. You know you'll pay 3 times that on eBay in the current vintage leather market. Shipping to be determined by destination, but recall this jacket is fantastically heavy which will impact on shipping price.

PM with interest please,

bk

Last edited:
OK, finally here are pictures of this wonderful, rare large sized jacket. PM with interest.

BrownGermanLeather1.jpg

BrownGermanLeather2.jpg

BrownGermanLeather3.jpg

BrownGermanLeather4.jpg

BrownGermanLeather5.jpg

The intact Gutos quick release buckle.

BrownGermanLeather6.jpg

The broken quick release Gutos buckle.

BrownGermanLeather7.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members