Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

size 8? am I stuck with custom?

clsecmbt

New in Town
I have had my cheap $40 fedora for years, it's a size 7 7/8, and just a bit too small to be useful. Over those years, I've never seen a size 8 hat anywhere, do they exist?

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Looks like

[EDIT] LIVE EBAY AUCTIONS MUST BE PLACED IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION OF THE LOUNGE [EDIT] -- MATT DECKARD

New Never Worn Grey Sovereign Stetson Fedore Size 8

clsecmbt

New in Town
great!

Must have passed over those, they are quite simply the first I've seen, but cannot be the last. I'm partial to that first one so we'll see what happens.

The Wingnut

One Too Many
Lieber Gott! Someone with a bigger head than JP!?

You'll have a hard time finding them, but they're out there...

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Nice

I think both of them are nice and since they are new old stock if you can get both of them my friend.:)

If you want a custom fedora we have several really good honest hatters here at the lounge that can make your hat size for you.:cool2:

scotrace

Head Bartender
Staff member
Meep

scotrace said:
[EDIT] LIVE EBAY AUCTIONS MUST BE PLACED IN THE CLASSIFIED SECTION OF THE LOUNGE [EDIT] -- MATT DECKARD

Yipes. Sorry Matt, I knew better.

Canadave

One Too Many
Are you stuck with a custom...?

Maybe not, but you're stuck with the title of "biggest head on the Lounge"! :D

scotrace said:

What was the item number for that auction? Somehow I missed it, and I'd like to see what it looked like.

Thanks,

David

Canadave

One Too Many
Wow, you got a vintage size 8 within a week of first looking? Amazing! Don't expect to see another one for a long while. :(

Congrats on the purchase!

David

Joedahat

New in Town
Size 8

:drum: We at Henry the Hatter carry 2 different hats up to a size 8.
The first was already mentioned "the Stetson Temple" available in Black or Mink Brown.
We also carry in stock a Giorgio Cellini Ultra, by Biltmore up to a size 8 in Steel Grey, Black, Navy, or Brown. This hat has a center crease crown, and a 2 1/4 inch snap brim. The crown can be pinched and shaped as you like.
For more in contact me by pm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou