Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size 8 Hats

duggap

Banned
I am not 100% sure but I think I remember Bencraft Hatters saying they had a few models in a size 8. It is going to be a hard size to find.[huh]

carter

I'll Lock Up
HATCO

I had lunch at Lover's Pizza & Pasta yesterday with Jimmy Pierce. He told me that he saw a couple of Stetson Pinnacles (100% Beaver felt) in size 8 at the HATCO store yesterday. They have other lesser-grade fedoras as well.

Michael Bonner

New in Town
Size 8

Well, I was hoping to figure out how to download pictures before writing about sizes, but, as mentioned, Akubra has many (most) styles available in 63 and 64, which are both at or near size 8 (David Morgan has a few, fast delivery)(try everythingaustrian, 3 month wait)(the very nice "Indy" style Federation exclusively from Hats Direct). Prices vary from about $120 to $160 delivered. Miller hats carries a few size 8 hats, made by Stetson, fast delivery. Prices $130 to $170, plus delivery and tax. Beaver Brand makes many styles in size 8, and you can "custom order" through Fedora Store (a better hat than the Stetson, in my uneducated opinion, and they will do long oval block in several styles, very nice two-tone ribbon work, five week lead time). Priced about $250 delivered. Crysties (available thru Hornet Hats) has size 63, which is snug on my size 8 (one to four weeks lead) (thick winter weight felt, nice ribbon). Priced $125, delivered to Texas. Wonderful Panama straws from Panama Bob and Panama Hats Direct (won't have size 8's in stock, mine took three to four months to build). Priced from about $50 to about $1k. Having said all that, I believe you'll get the best fit by far from a custom hatter. (Priced from $150 plus delivery [rabbit from Jimmy Pierce] to 'bout $500 and more) I'm definately a novice here, so rely on what these other guys tell you. Hope that helps.

MattJH

One Too Many
I don't know if the size listed was accurate, but four vintage fedoras at a size 8 just went on eBay a few days ago. Two listings, two hats each. It's rare, but you will find them if you're persistent for long enough.

And as others mentioned, Akubra and Stetson both produce size 8 hats.

MattJH

One Too Many
Can you post more so I can PM you? There's a size 8 Stetson Temple on eBay right now, but I can't give you the link because it's against the rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy