Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Size of Don Draper's fedora brim?

m0nk

One Too Many
Looks to be 2" to me. I have one that's very similar by the pics (Dobbs Golden Coach) and the brim on that is 2". Of course, I'm not a fan of stingy brims, so it has recently become my son's hat.

Mulceber

Practically Family
Looks like it could be a cavanagh edge as well. Either way, they really need to get him a hat more suited to him - that hat isn't suited to him, and is too battered anyway for a highly-paid Madison Avenue advertiser. -M

The Wiser Hatter

I'll Lock Up
1724_new-don-draper.jpg

1BAT4U

New in Town
Don Draper fedora identified

Hey gents.

I am quite sure that for the majority of the episodes Don is wearing a Dobbs Golden Coach JET 707 Saber fedora with a 1 7/8" brim. He does, however, have two other hats in the series. One is a vintage fedora (pictured in this thread already) and the crown is more tightly pinched (and mangled), the other hat doesn't show up until season 3 or 4 (I think) and has a shorter brim and ribbon.

I have compared my Dobbs Jet to screen caps and it is identical.

Hope that helps!

http://www.resistolhat.com/collections/dobbs/pages/3218 Jet 707.htm

Last edited:

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
^^^^
He's got a 'big' face which tends to make brims look narrower, if we say the height at the front of the crown is 4" & the ribbon 1" my guess would be around 1 3/4"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy