Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skin Moisturizers

mysterygal

Call Me a Cab
Bath and body works has great skin conditioners also. My aunt stocked me up (christmas present) and been loving the products. I think my favorite so far is their body lotion that has a light tangerine smell to it. It absorbs quickly into the skin (no greasy feel) and leaves the skin incredibly soft.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
GOK said:
PT - I've been using conditioner as a shaving lotion for years! I'd never go back to using trad. shaving gels or even shower gel. In fact, the only other thing I do sometimes use is MMU's Smooth Operator. I love MMU because a) it's not animal tested b) it is mostly all natural ingredients (heck, even Lush has to use some chems!) and c) you can customise the products to your own personal tastes. There are 669 scents to choose from, or you can create your own. I love the Blackberry Musk, Lace Garter and Persephone's Kiss...absolutely wonderful stuff. Nancy, the owner, is lovely and very helpful.

I've used conditioner before, but every other kind I tried just slid right off. Cholesterol is thick enough that it actually sticks to my leg. I'll definitely have to check out MMU! I've been trying to switch to all organic products, but it's tough!

Mahinatakataka said:
Pigeon Toe, could you tell me where you get the cholesterol conditioner? It sounds like it could maybe help a friend of mine who has dry, damaged hair.

I buy Cholesterol from beauty supply stores and "indoor swap meet" style places (I have no idea if they have those in any other city!). I only really go to beauty supply stores that cater to ethnic haircare, so I don't know if it'll be available in every chain, but it's pretty well-known! I use the Strengthening & Conditioning formula, which is orange and in a tub. I've used the pale yellow kind in a tube before, but it didn't soften my hair at all.

Jenautica

Familiar Face
As a recent SoCal transplant, I really do miss a good Indoor Swapmeet!!! You can get all sorts of hair products for next to nothing; I was definitely getting spoiled shopping there.

pigeon toe

One Too Many
Jenautica said:
As a recent SoCal transplant, I really do miss a good Indoor Swapmeet!!! You can get all sorts of hair products for next to nothing; I was definitely getting spoiled shopping there.

Haha! Yeah! I go there all the time with my boyfriend since he seems goes through a tin of pomade every five seconds! I'm always finding great new hair products to try out. And I love looking at the hot pink and blue hair extensions they have there. Makes me wish I had a reason to buy them!

Lady Day

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Adding to my cocoa butter obsession, I recently switched to this and I must say, it works grand.

CBF-facial-moisturizer.jpg

http://www.etbrowne.com/products/Collection.aspx?CategoryID=3&CollectionID=27

It has evened out my skin pretty well, and cleared it up too. I must say, the cocoa butter smell on my face was a bit strange :eek: but it is great and a little goes a long way too!

LD

Vivi

New in Town
For my face I use Oil of Olay the regular pink lotion, or the one with SPF if I'm gonna be outside and for my body I use St. Ives, works great and it's so affordable!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
8panelnewsboy