Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

small melon fellas.....

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just throwin this out there. I think it's time to thin out my collection, I don't wear more than 1/2 the lids I own and I'd much rather see someone else appreciate/wear them as much as I have over the yrs. because of medical reasons, I haven't been able to work for well over a yr now and can use the cash. All the 6 7/8 hats I have don't fit me anymore and I have a bunch of size 7 as well. Before I take photos and post them, I just wanna put a feeler out there to see who/how many are "seriously" interested in buying them. All hats will be shipped with a $10 flat rate. All are vintage and range from the 40's to the 60's, well taken care of, no mothing on 90% of them and all kept in a non smoking home. Serious inquires only. You can answer/reply here or pm. Thanks for looking. ;)

I think you'd find interest in the sevens - smaller than that would be much more limited. I'd enjoy seeing the older hats in your collection.

bolthead

I think you'd find interest in the sevens - smaller than that would be much more limited. I'd enjoy seeing the older hats in your collection.

I believe you're right Alan. As much as I hate the thought, I may have to list them on ebay, maybe even Etsy. I'm working on uploading some photos to photobucket as we speak. It seems that my old account is gone after all these yrs.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Bolt, I'm a size 7, 21.75" skull, and would be interested in what you have. I like the non-tapered or reverse taper crowns, brims from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2", love medium to thin ribbons, and am a big Resistol fan. What have you got?

bolthead

Bolt, I'm a size 7, 21.75" skull, and would be interested in what you have. I like the non-tapered or reverse taper crowns, brims from 2 1/4" to 2 1/2", love medium to thin ribbons, and am a big Resistol fan. What have you got?

Out of all my wider brims/thin ribbons, I don't have any Resistol. My Resistols all are a bit stingy, but I'll double check for you.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Out of all my wider brims/thin ribbons, I don't have any Resistol. My Resistols all are a bit stingy, but I'll double check for you.
Well, the one up above: what are the specs on that? And the Dunlap?

I mention Resistols because I've had good luck with them, but other brands are great too -- Stetson, Borsalino, Emerson, C & K. Never had a Dobbs or a Dunlap, though the Dunlap you post above is tempting.

bolthead

Trio of Stingy stetsons.....

From left to right.....Blue Challenger with a one way wrap around bow. Mint, steel blue Golden Century. Taupe Sovereign.....all 3 have a mode edge.

bolthead

Well, the one up above: what are the specs on that? And the Dunlap?

I mention Resistols because I've had good luck with them, but other brands are great too -- Stetson, Borsalino, Emerson, C & K. Never had a Dobbs or a Dunlap, though the Dunlap you post above is tempting.

Ok, the Resistol Back Bow is- Self Conforming, 2 1/8"underwelt brim, crown is 4 1/2" diamond creased, and the ribbon is 2 1/4" chocolate brown, sweat is 1 3/4" no dry rot.....it is a size 7.

bolthead

Ok, the Resistol Back Bow is- Self Conforming, 2 1/8"underwelt brim, crown is 4 1/2" diamond creased, and the ribbon is 2 1/4" chocolate brown, sweat is 1 3/4" no dry rot.....it is a size 7.

The Dunlap twenty- 1 3/4" custom edge, crown is 4 3/4" diamond creased, ribbon is 2" shark gil, sweat is 1 5/8" unreeded......size 7.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21