Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

small melon fellas.....

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
Love the Borsalino, but I have a feeling at 6 7/8 it might be too small for me. I have a Savoy from the 1960s, and Art is upsizing it so I don't have to wedge it onto my head.

bolthead

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Yes, I have encountered that. My favorite Royal Stetson shows a 6 7/8 tag, but I had to insert a bit of padding to make it fit properly! What are the specs on the Borso?

1 3/4" overwelted brim, 4 1/4" diamond creased crown, 1 7/8" black grosgrain, 1 7/8" sweat.....the sweat has seen better days, silk liner is fine. No moth nibbles but the one side of the brim has what looks to be a water stain.....would clean up nicely I suppose. great color though, very light gray.

bolthead

I think you'd find interest in the sevens - smaller than that would be much more limited. I'd enjoy seeing the older hats in your collection.

How's this one for "old" Alan? "Hapsburg". If I had to guess, I'd say 30's, maybe even late 20's? The felt is so soft that as soon as I set it on the hat stand, it pops out the crease. the quad stitching on the brim is sweet. The 2 1/8" grosgrain/bow is amazing and that sweatband is the bees knees.....2 1/4" (unreeded). This is for sale as well.

Benzadmiral

Call Me a Cab
1 3/4" overwelted brim, 4 1/4" diamond creased crown, 1 7/8" black grosgrain, 1 7/8" sweat.....the sweat has seen better days, silk liner is fine. No moth nibbles but the one side of the brim has what looks to be a water stain.....would clean up nicely I suppose. great color though, very light gray.
A little too short in the brim for me, I'm afraid. I prefer 2" and up.

The Hapsburg looks great. Is that one of those sweatbands that you can loosen or tighten with the ribbon there? What size is the hat, and what's the brim?

bolthead

I hate to get rid of this little gem, but unfortunately, it's too small. It was mis marked in size when I bought it. was supposed to be a 6 7/8, when it arrived, it was in fact a 6 3/4. I can tell u that it does fit more like a 7/8 than a 3/4 though and it's in excellent shape.

Disney Twenty: 2 1/2" custom edge brim, 4 5/8" untapered crown, 2" black grosgrain w/shark gill bow and wind trolley, 1 3/4" sweat. size 6 3/4, but fits like a 6 7/8. I found 1 minute moth nibble on the brim and other than some minimal peel on the 1 side of the sweat (hardly noticeable), it's in amazing shape. I forgot to mention that is has an incredible liner as well.....no stains.

How's this one for "old" Alan? "Hapsburg". If I had to guess, I'd say 30's, maybe even late 20's? The felt is so soft that as soon as I set it on the hat stand, it pops out the crease. the quad stitching on the brim is sweet. The 2 1/8" grosgrain/bow is amazing and that sweatband is the bees knees.....2 1/4" (unreeded). This is for sale as well.

Great one. Sorry I wasn't paying closer attention. Congratulations to the winner!

mingoslim

Practically Family
Being a "fathead", I can't get into any of these hats, but I want to compliment you on some great lids . . . and some terrific styles! The disney and the Hapsburg both make me drool :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo