Small Questions:

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Boyo, Aug 9, 2019.

1. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

That's approximately five size tags too big for me, but thank you.

Peter Bowden likes this.
  2. Brettafett

Brettafett One Too Many

Repeating much of the above.
    For me, if I am not happy with the fit, I will inevitably let it go, as many here will attest ;)
    I have also become very pedantic on my fit requirements. Life's too short to not enjoy what you wear, or suffer nagging doubts about sleeve length every time to wear a jacket, especially if its cost you dearly.
    If its something special, and not readily replaceable... but its not a perfect fit, then as some here have said, may be worth keeping and enjoying it, with its imperfections.
    For example, if I bought a new jacket and its was not 100%, I may very well pass it on and try get another with a better fit (this would not apply to a Goodwear though, with a 2 year plus wait)...
    If it was a cheaper jacket, like my AVIs, that didn't cost me an arm or leg and only come in std sizes, then I may keep them as 'beaters'... Or jackets to experiment with.
    If it was secondhand jacket I picked up, that did not fit 100% but is a one-of-a-kind... And something I really liked, I'd keep it.

3. Sloan1874

Sloan1874 I'll Lock Up

I'll endeavor to take a few pics! My shift patterns are such that I won't be there when the doors open - despite my relative proximity, it's still a couple hours from Glasgow to Gala, so even if I leave 9-ish, it's an 11am arrival and I suspect those ahead of me will be like locusts in heavy leather...

El Marro and Boyo like this.