Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

small waist-big butt-long rise-nothing fits

otterhound

One of the Regulars
I hope you guys can give me some advice. I have a 29" waist. I am 38" measured around the butt. I have a 12" rise. This combination has made it impossible for me to find off the rack clothes that fit.

If they fit in the waist - they ride up my butt like a thong. If they fit in the seat - they are 3" too big in the waist. If I try to have the waist taken in - the pockets pull together too closely.

I've gone to made-to-measure for suits. But I really don't want to spend that kind of money for casual pants.

Any suggestions?

otterhound said:
I have a 29" waist. I am 38" measured around the butt. I have a 12" rise.

You don't happen to play rugby?

I have the same problem. I hover around 29-31 waist and my ass is 36" around. It's pretty hard to find modern that fits such a figure.

I've found that vintage trousers consistently have the rise and butt-allowance that we chaps need. 12" rise is pretty standard from what i've encountered. What, may i ask, is your inseam measurement?

Vintage trousers in your waist size are not thin on the ground.

bk

otterhound

One of the Regulars
Baron Kurtz said:
What, may i ask, is your inseam measurement?

Vintage trousers in your waist size are not thin on the ground.
bk

My inseam is around 32". I'm not sure I understand when you say "not thin on the ground"?[huh]

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner