Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Smartly Dressed Demonstrators Peacefully Protest

Gingerella72

A-List Customer
This made me smile. :)

http://gawker.com/5904785/smartly-d...est-abercrombie--fitch-takeover-of-savile-row

"Yesterday morning, at the behest of pro-dandy British publication The Chap, "swathes of immaculately dressed chaps and chapettes" descended on No. 3 Savile Row, former home to the legendary Apple Studio, where they engaged in a peaceful protest of Abercrombie & Fitch's imminent soiling of the celebrated shopping street with a new children's clothing store."

Feraud

Bartender
This is one of a few areas where the Occupy folks missed the mark.
Dressing like the homeless and creating a campground/garbage dump atmosphere takes away from your message.

626269.jpg

xlarge.jpg

Edward

Bartender
There actually was an article in The Chap a couple of issues ago about a group who visited OWS in NYC and distributed suits to them, their argument being exactly that: dress like The Man and he is more likely to listen to you. It's a crying shame that so many folks on all points of the political spectrum still think of being "a suit" as a negative.

Peregrine

New in Town
I was always brought up to believe that what you say will be interpreted in the light of the way you appear. In other words, people will take more notice of you if you dress smartly. It's not fair, but that's the way it is in this world. Maybe things have changed, but I still expect to see politicians (male ones) wearing collar and tie; the same goes for BBC newsreaders. Gravitas will help get your message across - or to put it another way, bullsh*t baffles brains...

Feraud

Bartender
There actually was an article in The Chap a couple of issues ago about a group who visited OWS in NYC and distributed suits to them, their argument being exactly that: dress like The Man and he is more likely to listen to you. It's a crying shame that so many folks on all points of the political spectrum still think of being "a suit" as a negative.
Did the article note the reaction from the OWS crowd at this gift?
When this movement started I predicted to my wife that I truly hope they dress presentably in order to be taken seriously by the media. Unfortunately the majority look like these two and killed any chance of being taken seriously.
6202373074_0704317dfa_z.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner