Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So, I got me this Fez see.....

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Here as some great shots of Bing in his fez and suit from The Road to Morocco, I may be able to put together a nice outfit to go with this red topper.
These were just a few that I could find. It's a shame this film wasn't done in Technicolor.
profimedia-0016669637.jpg
Fez249.jpg

Annex%20-%20Hope,%20Bob%20(Road%20to%20Morocco)_01.jpg

0.jpg

Cheers!

Dan

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
Palestinian-Broadcaster.jpg

Palestinian Broadcaster.

784px-Ottoman_surrender_of_Jerusalem_restored.jpg

This is a famous photograph taken just before Christmas, 1917 and it shows the surrender of the city of Jerusalem to the British Army.

Cheers!

Dan

Espee

Practically Family
I was thinking of this thread while listening to Dutch Newman sing his original "old-time Oriental style" song "Zenobia" about a queen of Palmyra.
I saw a fez in an antique store lettered MIZPAH-- Hebrew for, roughly, "May the Lord protect each of us until we are together again."
I probably wouldn't invest in such esoteric headwear myself, but if I ever did, that would be a cool one to have.

DanielJones

I'll Lock Up
fez151.jpg

fez152.jpg

An interesting little article.

http://junkshopsnapshots.blogspot.com/2011/10/this-is-not-hat.html

As hats go, the fez is supremely non-functional. It does not protect the wearer from the sun or keep him warm but Ataturk may have overlooked something Mehmed II realized. A man in a fez looks dignified and urbane. This isn’t simply the effect of looking back on the past from a safe distance. Something about its elemental design added gravitas in ways denied to more elaborate headwear. The top hat for example really needed an overcoat and ideally a cane to mark its wearer as a man about town. The fez needs nothing more than a jacket...

Cheers!

Dan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy