Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Groan! Don't you start, you sound like someone I know, whose not too far away. Right way. wrong way, there's only two ways. The tissue either hangs down from the front or the back, what's the big deal? At least she drew the line at copying the habit of hotels, whereby they fold the tissue into a 'V' shape point.
Yep. As long as there is enough paper left on the roll to get the job done, who cares?

It’s no big deal for us because we come from “Mars”.:D

But not flushing the toilet is . :mad:

As is failing to take the lavatory brush and getting rid of any stains left. Skid marks, as we crudely call them.

Yes. And I repeat:

Damn Latte-Macchiato-kids, today!

Because they don't know real black, rockin' coffee, they not more familiarized, how to handle the potty. ;)

And then there are the people (some of whom may well be amongst you readers out there - so if you get your toes stepped on, I apologize.....I was aiming for something higher) who are uptight about plopping their backside down on public toilets, or any not their own, so they take a half a roll of tissue and build a little nest to sit on. Your phobia, your problem.....I'm cool with your idiosyncrasies, but please don't leave it behind for the next person to deal with. Go ahead and throw that mess away. In the trash. That big wad of paper will likely clog the toilet, and you damn well know this already, which is why you just left it on the seat.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Groan! Don't you start, you sound like someone I know, whose not too far away. Right way. wrong way, there's only two ways. The tissue either hangs down from the front or the back, what's the big deal? At least she drew the line at copying the habit of hotels, whereby they fold the tissue into a 'V' shape point.

The other night, my wife complained that I made my peanut butter and jelly sandwich wrong. My sandwich. I make MY sandwich wrong.

And then there are the people (some of whom may well be amongst you readers out there - so if you get your toes stepped on, I apologize.....I was aiming for something higher) who are uptight about plopping their backside down on public toilets

I always thought the brand of seat covers we have at work was a bit ironic ...

16EU72_AS01.JPG

Yep. As long as there is enough paper left on the roll to get the job done, who cares?

I'm far more annoyed by someone who thinks they shouldn't have to replace the roll because they left one sheet...you know the last one that's actually glued to the roll and you can't really use anyway. It's like the office clown who thinks because he left one molecule of coffee in the pot, he shouldn't have to make a fresh one.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
And then there are the people (some of whom may well be amongst you readers out there - so if you get your toes stepped on, I apologize.....I was aiming for something higher) who are uptight about plopping their backside down on public toilets, or any not their own, so they take a half a roll of tissue and build a little nest to sit on. Your phobia, your problem.....I'm cool with your idiosyncrasies, but please don't leave it behind for the next person to deal with. Go ahead and throw that mess away. In the trash. That big wad of paper will likely clog the toilet, and you damn well know this already, which is why you just left it on the seat.

These people are kin to the yahoos who are unable to read a GIANT sign on the wall reading DO NOT PUT BULKY PAPER GOODS IN TOILET, and try to flush a loaded Depends. And then they come out all sheepish and whisper to me, "I'm afraid someone has clogged your toilet," and I go in and there's mess that I have to spend the next half-hour fishing out with a bent coat hanger.

What's really bad is that our sewer line is below sea level -- so we have a pump system to propel the waste away. When that pump gets gummed up by inappropriately-flushed paper goods, all the toilets run over and the result is six inches of water on the floor of the bathrooms. Which have no drains in the floor, because they're below sea level, and I have to go wading in and sop it up with a string mop and a slop bucket. And then people complain because I've hung an OUT OF ORDER sign on the doors. "Where am I supposed to go??" they ask. And I bite my tongue and decline to tell them where they can go....

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The other night, my wife complained that I made my peanut butter and jelly sandwich wrong. My sandwich. I make MY sandwich wrong.
With apologies to your wife, I certainly don't want to be the cause of a domestic, but since the advent of social media there are so many people that expect you to live your life to the life script that they have written. My brother and I were compering notes. I regaled him about our sister for lecturing me about being childless. He said that she had lectured him too. His only child should have been given a sibling. We might be siblings but what have life choices got to do with anyone other than the person doing the choosing?
As for making the sandwich wrong, I was once admonished for pouring a splash of milk into a cup of tea. Apparently, the life script says that the milk should go into the cup first, in order to prevent and liquid slopping out. Seriously, I thought it was a tease, but the person was serious.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Right way. wrong way, there's only two ways. The tissue either hangs down from the front or the back, what's the big deal?
There's *two* ways, as you say, The Right Way and The Wrong Way. ;)

But not flushing the toilet is . :mad:
Ray Birdwhistell talks about how some older rural(?) generations often found frequent flushing wasteful in his book.... he brought a girlfriend home to rural parents, who commented "All she did was smoke and flush the toilet." As in, she flushed it every time after use.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
There's *two* ways, as you say, The Right Way and The Wrong Way. ;)
Really? And whose script do I follow? Please enlighten us as to the proper etiquette of replacing the toilet roll.
Milk????? In Tea????? That's offensive.
Heretic that I am, I don't like the taste of tea. However, I do know that tea without milk is not the British way of drinking the stuff. So if you should ever find yourself on our shores, you are now informed of, I'm tempted to say, the right way, but Sheeplady will be reading this and think that I'm mocking. Oh, and as you are now informed of the British way of tea drinking it's best that you know to ask for a loo roll should the tissue run out. But don't worry if you put it on the wrong way round, Sheeplady will be an ocean away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart