Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
KdF-vehicle.

Mehr als in den USA, werden sie wie die Split-Fenster VW Käfer bekannt. :D

2mpn03l.jpg

In the last ten years, in Germany, I was wondering again and again on wintertime, that people on every ages, which surely wear usual tissues by themselves, are not using them! Instead, they sniff their snot back, permanently. :confused:

More than one time, that my patience was over and I handed them a bag of tissues, calm way. Maybe, these persons thougt about it, since them.

What's the point, by not using your own tissues?? o_O

Last edited:
I'm convinced most kids today don't learn how to write. Their handwriting is atrocious, and I say that as someone who came pretty close to failing handwriting in elementary school.
Why learn to write when they can use the keyboard on their cell phone, laptop, tablet, or whatever other electronic device they're permanently attached to? For that matter, why learn to speak? :rolleyes:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
My landline is a finger dial, in fact it was our first phone, still in use and giving good service. We recently had a tradesman doing some work on our kitchen, a young fellow, and very good he was too. Come the time to leave he had a problem calling his wife, he had no signal on his phone. "Use mine," I said, gesturing towards the landline. Do you know, he had no idea how to. I had to dial his home number for him. That sounds like I'm mocking, far from it, I'm just as bad with smart phones, I'm too dumb to use the myriad of facilities that they have, took me a month to crack how to text on it.

Waiting tell 7:00PM for the UPS driver, only to find out the package did not need a signature like their web sight said!

I hate registered mail especially when there's nobody home to sign for it and then you end up having to go the post office to pick it up. And to boot, our post office is off the beaten trail and not really on my way to anywhere I normally go.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
The postman keeps taking the same path across my front yard to the point that there is no grass.
I told him I wouldn’t mind it if he could vary his path from time to time.
This way I wouldn’t have to mow the yard.

Last edited:
It pays to befriend your UPS person. Rules can be bent if they like you.

Of the three major services - UPS, USPS and Fed Ex, I have found the UPS carriers to be the consistently nicest of all of them. The post office is all over the map - from really nice to outright surly. Most Fed Ex carriers are okay, but not really friendly, but the UPS carriers are almost always very friendly and willing to bend the rules, be flexible to help you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace