Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Harp

I'll Lock Up

World Series Aftermath,

On a more somber note, Cubs ace John Lester suffered a complete breakdown on the mound last Sunday in the 1st Inning against the Pirates
and walked off the field to the mockery and taunts of Cub fans when he should have been applauded. We are all only too human, and Lester's failing
ranks the annals of Baseball and he showed great courage and fortitude before and afterward. All Cub fans and fans in general should appreciate the
game and its players; recognizing ourselves in good times and bad as being all too human.

Last edited:

Stearmen

I'll Lock Up
There are two kinds of people in this world, those that ride motorcycles, and those that I feel really sorry for!

LizzieMaine

Bartender
They're Chicago based chains, which is why I mentioned them. I do believe they do take out.

When Brother Lester was on the Red Sox, Popeyes was his fried chicken of choice. There actually was a Popeyes franchise in the Fenway Park building, and it made regular deliveries to the clubhouse. Lester, Beckett, and Lackey would adjourn to the clubhouse to indulge -- sometimes during games, a habit which was viewed dimly by the Boston sports media.

Bushman

I'll Lock Up
I loooove Popeyes. We finally got one two towns over, and I sincerely consider the 20 minute trip there worth it every time I go.

totallyfrozen

One of the Regulars
I get cross when I see parents of babies and toddlers recklessly putting them into or taking them out of their seats through the door on the side of their car that opens into the road and oncoming traffic a prolonged process with the door wide open and their butts sticking out slowing or stopping traffic and risking injury to stupid parent (deserved?) and innocent tot (undeserved!). How hard is it to use the much safer sidewalk/pavement side or even parking appropriately if necessary?
Sometimes that easier said than done. I give some latitude to parents with toddlers (since I am one).

What's worse to me is pulling into a parking lot to find a parking spot to get out with your baby and seeing some healthy 20-something dude jump out of his shiny new pickup with his gym clothes on after he just parked in the "Mothers with Children" parking spot.
Or--
Slowly cruising a parking lot to find a spot (or even leave) but you can't move because some jerk wanted to give his wife curbside drop off so he parks right in the driving lane...and sits there for 15 minutes waiting for his wife to come back out with the groceries. A lot FULL of empty spaces but this super special person can't park in a spot like the rest of us, he has to park in the lane like he's in a fire engine!

I'm a firm believer that you should always seek to minimize your negative impact on the world around you. Use your turn signal, don't litter, and get out of everybody else's way as much as possible and as soon as possible. This isn't YOUR planet. You ain't special.
[/RANT]

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I'm a firm believer that you should always seek to minimize your negative impact on the world around you. Use your turn signal, don't litter, and get out of everybody else's way as much as possible and as soon as possible. This isn't YOUR planet. You ain't special.
[/RANT]
Well said. There's a type of motorist that I can never fathom. You are on a multi-carriageway, there's a problem, the traffic is slowing to a crawl. There's always one or two driver's who have just got to change lanes, and not always into whichever lane is moving slightly quicker, just into another lane. Why?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pablosstuff