Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
My neighbors do that to me all the time. And then the people across the street park their car directly in front of their house, which makes it nearly impossible for me to back out of my driveway without hitting somebody. And by right in front of, I mean literally that -- we don't have sidewalks or front lawns in my neighborhood.

I planted some really ugly bushes which I refuse to trim or groom in any way on one side of the driveway specifically to discourage people from parking there, and I'm thinking of putting some right in front of my house, too.

Completely and totally trivial, but why does the neighbor park their car in front of MY house instead of their own?
Just as annoying to me are the dunderheads who park in front of my house when the are visiting one of the neighbors. It becomes more annoying when they park in the middle so that they are the only car that can fit in front of the house. Quite often this will happen even when there are no cars in front of the house being visited.
:D

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
My neighbors do that to me all the time. And then the people across the street park their car directly in front of their house, which makes it nearly impossible for me to back out of my driveway without hitting somebody. And by right in front of, I mean literally that -- we don't have sidewalks or front lawns in my neighborhood.

I planted some really ugly bushes which I refuse to trim or groom in any way on one side of the driveway specifically to discourage people from parking there, and I'm thinking of putting some right in front of my house, too.

I'm one of those people who will back into a parking spot when there is any possibility of tight maneuvering. When the turning wheels are the last ones in/first ones out it is much easier to get the car both in and out.

Really annoying this year are the idiots setting off explosives/fireworks for hours on end for the past few days. We are surrounded by fires and high wind, yet so many feel the need to annoy and put others at risk.
I expressed some of my thoughts on this back in post #8073. We're literally surrounded by these inconsiderate drunken amateur pyrotechnicians who will fire off one or more of their precious flying explosives any time of the day or night throughout the year, but there's a noticeable increase during the month preceding July 4th--a "ramping up" of sorts in preparation for the big night when it's non-stop for eight to ten hours, and sometimes longer. The new and even more annoying "treat" for this year was multiple mortars so they could launch ten at a time in succession that would explode approximately every half a second. :mad: I can't wait to find out what the next big "innovation" will be. o_O

I expressed some of my thoughts on this back in post #8073. We're literally surrounded by these inconsiderate drunken amateur pyrotechnicians who will fire off one or more of their precious flying explosives any time of the day or night throughout the year, but there's a noticeable increase during the month preceding July 4th--a "ramping up" of sorts in preparation for the big night when it's non-stop for eight to ten hours, and sometimes longer. The new and even more annoying "treat" for this year was multiple mortars so they could launch ten at a time in succession that would explode approximately every half a second. :mad: I can't wait to find out what the next big "innovation" will be. o_O
We have more than enough of those idiots around here. They scream about their rights, but forget about the rights of others. With the tinderbox area we live in, you would think they would pull back, but nope they did not.

Bruce Wayne

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Presented without comment.

Attachments

• c6aa713.jpg
    c6aa713.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 80
  • FB_IMG_1530713573828.jpg
    FB_IMG_1530713573828.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 89

St. Louis

Practically Family
It's July 7 and here in St. Louis they're still setting off the rockets. Fireworks aren't legal here, but when I walk outside my bungalow in the evening, I can barely see the street for all the smoke and the smell of the explosives.

It's July 7 and here in St. Louis they're still setting off the rockets. Fireworks aren't legal here, but when I walk outside my bungalow in the evening, I can barely see the street for all the smoke and the smell of the explosives.
I'm a little surprised they haven't done that here, because they have every other year. Maybe the 100+°F temperatures we've experienced over the last couple of days are keeping them indoors. :D

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I'm a little surprised they haven't done that here, because they have every other year. Maybe the 100+°F temperatures we've experienced over the last couple of days are keeping them indoors. :D

STILL happening here and it's extra fun for us because we get to play "gunshots or fireworks." Every. Night. And sometimes in the early morning too. We're in drought conditions and high heat. Nope, still little pyro's running around. For days. There will be sirens, then silence, then the booming will start again.

STILL happening here and it's extra fun for us because we get to play "gunshots or fireworks." Every. Night. And sometimes in the early morning too. We're in drought conditions and high heat. Nope, still little pyro's running around. For days. There will be sirens, then silence, then the booming will start again.
"Gunshots or fireworks" is definitely a holiday favorite around here, and by that I mean ANY holiday.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
"Gunshots or fireworks" is definitely a holiday favorite around here, and by that I mean ANY holiday.

Happened again immediately after I posted. Late into the night. Happens mostly around the 4th and Christmas too, for some weird reason. Oh, yeah, and New Years. Come to think of it, you're right. It IS a holiday favorite. :rolleyes:

I fear that the fireworks popping around here happen so often and so obnoxiously that when the gunshots do come, I'll be taken entirely by surprise.
I don't know about the gun laws in Maine... but I suspect that the mental prowess of the average resident there doesn't far exceed that of those here. You may be playing that game already and dont even realize it. I'm constantly in awe at the lack of understanding of how gravity works. Bullets fired into the air will eventually return to earth, something that $300 worth of windshield for my truck can attest to. And while the firecrackers (as they're known in the local vernacular) are a constant year round, the further in time from any given holiday, the more likely it's gunfire aroud here. The game then is "are they shooting up in the air or at each other?"

Happened again immediately after I posted. Late into the night. Happens mostly around the 4th and Christmas too, for some weird reason. Oh, yeah, and New Years. Come to think of it, you're right. It IS a holiday favorite. :rolleyes:
The 4th, Christmas, New Year, Memorial Day, Labor Day, any random weekend....

There's a fireworks dealer up on the highway a few miles out of the city limits here that's a year-round business.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We never used to have a problem with guns here -- this was hunting country, and people generally knew how to handle rifles and shotguns and respected them and used them properly, other than the occasional idiots taking out their frustration on road signs. But in the last twenty years or so, we've seen a lot of really moronic gun accidents -- one guy shot his girlfriend to death not long ago while showing off his giant manly Glock, or whatever the hell it was, in a gas station parking lot, and that seems to be typical of the direction we're heading here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ