Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
George Macdonald Fraser relates in Quartered Safe Out Here, his autobiographical account of his time as an infantryman fighting in Burma during the Second World War, that his hard-case Cumbrian sergeant, after reading Henry V, was also of the opinion that Shakespeare had been a soldier.
Shakespeare had a turn of phrase for all of life's vagaries and vicissitudes. In school some mention was made
that a decade of his life had never been fully accounted for and remained open to conjecture. From what I have
read of the man I suspect that at some point in life he had been a soldier.
You both make a very valid point about Shakespeare, the so called, lost years and his knowledge of the military. Remember, during those lost years, 1588 to be exact, England was in turmoil because of the threat of invasion by The Spanish Armada. He was probably mustered, the term used in those days for conscription.

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
Halloween displays in Sept. ;)
Trivia.png

Aaah, I made a federal german citizenship test, just for fun. Like the original test with 33 coincidence-questions out of 300.
I got 97% correct, puh!

Can I grant me something nice, now? A new wristwatch or other nice stuff?? :rolleyes::D

2jakes

I'll Lock Up
@ LizzieMaine
Screen Shot 2018-09-13 at 10.10.07 AM.png

Of my five sisters, one of them is just as sweet as this lady.
When I go visit her, I become Mister Rogers in the sense that
I enjoy being with her...happily talking about many things when
we were kids.
I am blessed to have her in my life.
Can't say the same about the other
witches. :(

Haversack

One Too Many
Back a couple of years ago, the Disney Family Museum at the Presidio in San Francisco had a special exhibition on the creation of the Disney Snow White movie. In it there was a development sketch of the Evil Queen wearing a side-slit dress showing a lot of leg leading a panther on a leash. I've looked for it on line but have had no luck. The museum has a lot of stuff that has never been published.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
@ LizzieMaine
View attachment 135375
Of my five sisters, one of them is just as sweet as this lady.
When I go visit her, I become Mister Rogers in the sense that
I enjoy being with her...happily talking about many things when
we were kids.
I am blessed to have her in my life.
Can't say the same about the other
witches. :(
My wife's a witch, well that's the theory of her ambulance colleagues. She's retired now but back in her working days an incident occurred that gave rise to her witch status. Racing along to an emergency, all the sirens and flashing lights going, whilst motorists were getting out of the way, the driver of an Audi overtook the ambulance and then had to swerve violently to avoid an oncoming car. Thankfully it was a near miss, but it could have been something very serious.
"A hex on you," said my missus, more as a stress reliever, she's not one to swear. Rounding a bend a few minutes later, the Audi was at the side of the road, it's front and rear offside tyres punctured. My missus' partner that day did a jaw drop, then regaled the incident to all once back at the ambulance station.
On my wife's right shoulder is a small tattoo of a witch in flight, whenever anyone remarks about her tattoo, she answers, "what tattoo? It's a birthmark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy