Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
He is a cute little Devil at that ---

goats.png

The hysteria in the media over shark attacks (five times more people are killed by cows annually)... :rolleyes:
Get a lot of shark attack victims in Springfield, do you? :p

But seriously, I think shark attacks get more publicity simply because there are fewer of them. Cow and farm equipment related injuries are apparently rather common, so it's harder for the press to sensationalize them.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Get a lot of shark attack victims in Springfield, do you? :p

But seriously, I think shark attacks get more publicity simply because there are fewer of them. Cow and farm equipment related injuries are apparently rather common, so it's harder for the press to sensationalize them.

I don't think it has to do with the numbers. Cow attacks are not exciting. hahahahahahaaaaaaa

The harassment to update my iPad. If I wanted to, I would. Most of the updates are annoying and do not do anything to better my iPad experience. At some point I update just make the harassment go away. They always win.
:D

The iPad’s latest update. They moved a few things around and none of it seems like it is for the better. Why would you flip flop the emoji and numbers keys? How is that better after all these years? As a lefty, that which was moved from the middle to the left is now hidden by my hand. Yeah, nothing that is going to require intensive therapy or retraining, but still annoying.
:D
Yeah, really annoying when I keep hitting the emoji button.

This has been bugging me for a while now and that is what utter slobs people are and I'm far from being OCD!

I have a dealer space at an antique mall and every time I go there people leave it a total mess - - even more so than some of the other dealer spaces I might add. How hard is it to put something back right where it was??? I do that when I'm looking around over there. I don't know how many times I was elated thinking that something had sold only to find that it was merely moved.

I can't be there every day to keep everything straightened out but it looks like I might have to now.

HanauMan

Practically Family
Sounds like a lot of programmes for grownups nowadays! :p

I used to enjoy watching documentaries and history shows on TV but they all seem so dumbed down now. Instead of one presenter on the show it is full of different 'talking heads' or, even worse, full of docu - dramas. When I sit down to watch a show on, say, the Romans or WWII I am happy just listening to one person presenting the show. I don't need to watch a bunch of actors dressed in togas or doing bad German accents to pad out the show. As a teenager I loved watching Cosmos with Carl Sagen, as an example. I don't think that in this day and age a similar format would even be considered by the TV companies. I am guessing here, but could it be as a result of the limited attention span folk have nowadays thanks to so much info overload due to the internet and cell phones?

HanauMan

Practically Family
This has been bugging me for a while now and that is what utter slobs people are and I'm far from being OCD!

I have a dealer space at an antique mall and every time I go there people leave it a total mess - - even more so than some of the other dealer spaces I might add. How hard is it to put something back right where it was??? I do that when I'm looking around over there. I don't know how many times I was elated thinking that something had sold only to find that it was merely moved.

I can't be there every day to keep everything straightened out but it looks like I might have to now.

I'm exactly the same. I work as a volunteer in a thrift store and deal with the book section there. While I'm not OCD (though I am very tidy, which I blame on living in Germany for seven years :)) I also have issues with folk coming in to look at books, pulling them out and leaving them all over the place, or in the wrong order, or putting them back upside down. Really, there is nothing quite as bad as the general public....!!

OldStrummer

Practically Family
This couldn't be more trivial, but it still irks me: There's a guy in my office who never lets the microwave oven count down to zero. He always stops it with seconds left, removes his food and leaves the display showing the remaining seconds rather than the time of day.

I think this is kind of like the people who set their watches five minutes fast. Somehow they think it makes them more punctual or something. Really?

LizzieMaine

Bartender

"Oh don't worry about it, Camomile -- the help will clean that up. That's what they PAY them for. Ha ha ha."

GHT

I'll Lock Up
"Oh don't worry about it, Camomile -- the help will clean that up. That's what they PAY them for. Ha ha ha."
You would think so. In the supermarket you see someone's potential purchase of a pack of sausages, that they have changed their mind about buying, but now they are in the bakery section, so the sausages get put back amongst the donuts. These are the same people who abandon their empty shopping cart in the middle of the car park.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
This couldn't be more trivial, but it still irks me: There's a guy in my office who never lets the microwave oven count down to zero. He always stops it with seconds left, removes his food and leaves the display showing the remaining seconds rather than the time of day.

Maybe he just wants to reduce his exposure to all that harmful electromagnetic radiation. :D

ChiTownScion

Call Me a Cab

My cousin was 15 (a year younger than me) and his mom told him to clean up his refuse at a Burger King.

"What?? They pay foreigners to do that!"

To this day I hope that he was simply being teenage snarky and not serious.

Last edited:
I'm exactly the same. I work as a volunteer in a thrift store and deal with the book section there. While I'm not OCD (though I am very tidy, which I blame on living in Germany for seven years :)) I also have issues with folk coming in to look at books, pulling them out and leaving them all over the place, or in the wrong order, or putting them back upside down. Really, there is nothing quite as bad as the general public....!!

Many years ago there was a used bookstore near me whose owner was OCD. He would constantly hassle the customers and once I overheard him complaining about how he spent an hour straightening out one shelf. Even I'm not that bad. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic