Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Yes, always approach any large animal, no matter how tame, with caution, and not from the rear.

I'd still like to see cow riding at a rodeo. After all, there'd be plenty of room in the stands. hahaha

When I went to play with the tigers in Thailand, the first thing they told me was “don’t ever approach a tiger from the rear, the last thing you want to do is startle a tiger.” The second thing was “don’t ever approach a tiger from the front. The second to last thing you want to do is make a tiger think you’re challenging him”. Finally, when walking a tiger on a leash, “don’t ever wrap it around your hand, just hold it loosely. If the tiger decides to take off, you will not be able to hold him back and he will drag you down the road with him.” I approached from the side, put my hand on the tiger’s back and held the leash loosely.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
When I went to play with the tigers in Thailand, the first thing they told me was “don’t ever approach a tiger from the rear, the last thing you want to do is startle a tiger.” The second thing was “don’t ever approach a tiger from the front. The second to last thing you want to do is make a tiger think you’re challenging him”. Finally, when walking a tiger on a leash, “don’t ever wrap it around your hand, just hold it loosely. If the tiger decides to take off, you will not be able to hold him back and he will drag you down the road with him.” I approached from the side, put my hand on the tiger’s back and held the leash loosely.

That's a great anecdote. I don't believe, however, that I'd want to approach a tiger at all. :)

LizzieMaine

Bartender
rogers_daniel.jpg

"Not even a tame tiger?"

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up

However, you pay up front. :rolleyes:

Ankle-Biter Mosquitos

They're not native to this area but we've been infested with them since summer. They're smaller (about the size of a baby fly) than your standard mosquito and more aggressive, attacking during the day as well as at night.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Ankle-Biter Mosquitos

They're not native to this area but we've been infested with them since summer. They're smaller (about the size of a baby fly) than your standard mosquito and more aggressive, attacking during the day as well as at night.

They don't look particularly pleasant.
https://news.iheart.com/featured/si...nkle-biter-mosquitoes-in-southern-california/
With climat change we're gonna see all kinds of critters moving into new territories & be exposed to the 'new' diseases they transmit.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Ankle-Biter Mosquitos

I suspect we may have these here as well -- they've been spreading up the east coast for several years now, and this summer I've noticed a lot of extremely itchy bites on my ankles and legs that are far more painful than any of our usual bitey bugs. And I see where they can survive even a Northern winter. How wonderful for them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skipbarnes