Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

This has been bugging me for a while now and that is what utter slobs people are and I'm far from being OCD!

I have a dealer space at an antique mall and every time I go there people leave it a total mess - - even more so than some of the other dealer spaces I might add. How hard is it to put something back right where it was??? I do that when I'm looking around over there. I don't know how many times I was elated thinking that something had sold only to find that it was merely moved.

I can't be there every day to keep everything straightened out but it looks like I might have to now.

I bought a pair of Montecristis at an antique mall because 1.), they fit like they were made for me, 2.), the price was right, and, 3.), I feared they would get ruined if they remained in that place for long, what with how they’d surely get handled roughly by people who had no intention of buying them.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Where is that 'I'm in love' emoji?
emoji-in-love.png

Formeruser012523

Call Me a Cab
I'm exactly the same. I work as a volunteer in a thrift store and deal with the book section there. While I'm not OCD (though I am very tidy, which I blame on living in Germany for seven years :)) I also have issues with folk coming in to look at books, pulling them out and leaving them all over the place, or in the wrong order, or putting them back upside down. Really, there is nothing quite as bad as the general public....!!

What all of you are saying is the absolute truth. Used to work at a bookstore and worked retail in general for over ten years. It made me far more organized than I'd like to admit, probably a bit OCD. The public, at large, are just the worst. If there was food sold (candy and such) they would eat it in front of me while asking questions. I could only hope they'd buy it later. They'd use a tv in the kids section as a babysitter. Drinks would get carried in and left wherever. Gum too. Food wrappers. How is it so hard to put trash in a GIANT TRASH CAN before you go inside?

Yes, the general public = the worst. :rolleyes:

3fingers

One Too Many
I've actually seen people walk farther to put their empty shopping cart in the wrong place than they would have walked to put it in the right place. :rolleyes:
This is one of my great pet peeves. Put the thing away!
I did recently see a woman abandon her buggy and then proceed to back over it doing some damage to her car. Occasionally there is immediate justice in this world.

Just Jim

A-List Customer
I don't think it has to do with the numbers. Cow attacks are not exciting. hahahahahahaaaaaaa
Oh, I don't know. . . .

So there we were, covered with bits of alfalfa hay--the kind you only get from stacking and re-stacking hay bales--walking across the field with absolutely no idea how Bob's new Chevy Luv got to the top of the haystack. . . . Then everyone started running, except me. I looked at 'em and laughed: I knew to a moral certainty that Bob couldn't catch us, 'cause, um, he didn't have a truck!

I heard a noise behind me and turned around, just in time to see the face of the bull before he hit me. I remember thinking, as I tumbled through the air, "oh, this is gonna hurt . . ."

Not as much as you'd think, actually. Shock does that to a guy.

But all that judo training in "how to fall" doesn't do much good when you hit the ground tumbling and rolling. I came to a stop just in time to see the the boss on the bull's lowered head before he tossed me. As I flew through the air I heard BS&T singing Spinning Wheel, and thought, "I wonder how far the song will get before I land?"

Clayton-Thomas almost finished the third line before the curtains fell.

I'd just started to stand when I heard the familiar sound of drumming hooves, and I swear it was accompanied by the theme from The Cisco Kid. I looked around, expecting to see a palamino and a paint, but instead I saw--you guessed it--the face of that bull. It was an ugly face, not like Ferdinand, more of an angry-Minotaur-with-a-toothache-face. He lowered his head and hit me pretty hard, but somehow I got my arms wrapped around his neck so at least he couldn't throw me again.

(Looking back at a lifetime full of mistakes, that may have been the STUPIDEST thing I've ever done. All he had to do was lower his head then toss it up, and it felt like I was getting hit by a truck. Over and over. And I couldn't let go, because then I'd be in real trouble, and worse yet, the guys would laugh at me.) Eventually, I guess I fell off, or he got tired and wondered off, or both.

The next thing I heard was my kid brother and his friend saying they'd never seen a dead body before. They both seemed to find it pretty exciting.

...I remember thinking, as I tumbled through the air, "oh, this is gonna hurt . . ."...
Funny how that works, isn't it? At my last place of employment years ago I was trying to move a heavy crate from one side of my flatbed truck to the other so the forklift operator could offload it without my having to turn the truck around in the rather narrow alleyway. It was raining, and my hands slipped off of the crate as I gave it a forceful tug to get it moving. As my momentum carried me backward over the side of the truck and toward the asphalt four to five feet below, three thoughts flashed through my mind in a nanosecond: "I'm over the side; there's no way to break my fall; this is going to hurt." :D Strangely, I don't remember it hurting at all, probably because I used my arms as best I could to lessen the impact; as you said, "Knowing how to fall". In fact, I was more angry about the fact that I was now soaking wet from shoulder to heel because I landed in a puddle.
I1SQyi8.gif

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Greetings All:
Just to sorta vent:

When you gift someone something....
And they sell it!!
And they don’t realize/care that people know it was a gift!!!
Be well. Bowen
There was a time when we were told that giving cash was vulgar, lazy even, but I have found that by displaying the bank notes in a fan shape inside a greeting card, and adding: "Don't think of this as vulgar cash, think of it as store vouchers that are accepted everywhere and have no expiry date.

My missus and I have no kids of our own, but we do have four Godchildren and four nieces & nephews. Years ago when the kids were young and the personal phone was just becoming affordable, the youngsters all had their own phones and all were on a, pay-as-you-go scheme. Every year as they were growing up, those kids all got a gift that never got sold or returned. Christmas day afternoon I did my Christmas shopping. I would walk off my oversize, heavy Christmas meal by walking to the cash machine (ATM) armed with eight phone numbers and put fifty pounds on each. By the time that I reached home, the texts would start coming in: "I thought that you had forgotten this year, thank you so much." Or, "Oh wow, I love Christmas, it's the only time that I've ever got fifty quid credit on my phone."
The kids all loved it and I felt smug about Christmas shopping after the event and without getting involved in the massive scrum of moody, bad tempered shoppers, what's more, my gift not only got a grateful response, it never got redeemed for something else either.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Oh, I don't know. . . .

So there we were, covered with bits of alfalfa hay--the kind you only get from stacking and re-stacking hay bales--walking across the field with absolutely no idea how Bob's new Chevy Luv got to the top of the haystack. . . . Then everyone started running, except me. I looked at 'em and laughed: I knew to a moral certainty that Bob couldn't catch us, 'cause, um, he didn't have a truck!

I heard a noise behind me and turned around, just in time to see the face of the bull before he hit me. I remember thinking, as I tumbled through the air, "oh, this is gonna hurt . . ."

Not as much as you'd think, actually. Shock does that to a guy.

But all that judo training in "how to fall" doesn't do much good when you hit the ground tumbling and rolling. I came to a stop just in time to see the the boss on the bull's lowered head before he tossed me. As I flew through the air I heard BS&T singing Spinning Wheel, and thought, "I wonder how far the song will get before I land?"

Clayton-Thomas almost finished the third line before the curtains fell.

I'd just started to stand when I heard the familiar sound of drumming hooves, and I swear it was accompanied by the theme from The Cisco Kid. I looked around, expecting to see a palamino and a paint, but instead I saw--you guessed it--the face of that bull. It was an ugly face, not like Ferdinand, more of an angry-Minotaur-with-a-toothache-face. He lowered his head and hit me pretty hard, but somehow I got my arms wrapped around his neck so at least he couldn't throw me again.

(Looking back at a lifetime full of mistakes, that may have been the STUPIDEST thing I've ever done. All he had to do was lower his head then toss it up, and it felt like I was getting hit by a truck. Over and over. And I couldn't let go, because then I'd be in real trouble, and worse yet, the guys would laugh at me.) Eventually, I guess I fell off, or he got tired and wondered off, or both.

The next thing I heard was my kid brother and his friend saying they'd never seen a dead body before. They both seemed to find it pretty exciting.

A bull is not a cow, temperament -wise. Have you ever seen cow-riding at a rodeo? haha

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Cows can and will buck if approached inappropriately. This cow has the bucking strap across the chest. Most have them behind the rib cage. Her rider is about to hit the ground. Too bad he has no helmet on his head.

Yes, always approach any large animal, no matter how tame, with caution, and not from the rear.

I'd still like to see cow riding at a rodeo. After all, there'd be plenty of room in the stands. hahaha

Last edited:

TimeWarpWife

One of the Regulars
I used to always make sure I put my shopping cart back where it belonged when I finished with it. It was just the way I was raised. Because of severe arthritis in both my knees, now I have to use the electric scooters to shop. Most of the stores I go to have a designated area in front of the handicap parking spaces where you can leave the scooters when you're finished with them. If there's no designated area, I park it on the lines between the handicap spaces and make sure it's out of the way and no one will hit it trying to park. I also make sure the "on/off" button is cut to "off" so the person having to take it back in the store can ride it back instead of pushing it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn