Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
We have a fancy-pantsy brick sidewalk at work, one which the city refuses to maintain because they're too busy building custom sidewalks for art museums. The plow always dredges up a couple of frost-heaved bricks each winter, and when I called the city manager's office last spring to see about getting them replaced, they basically told me there was nothing they were going to do. So I had to fix it myself, with a bag of Redi-krete and a trowel and a lot of fulsome language. All these tourists who think it's funny to step in wet cement really got on my nerves. If you're not a Major Motion Picture Star nobody wants to see your stupid footprints in front of a theatre.

Héctor Fernández

One Too Many
And even then, lol.....That would definitely upset me quite some.

We have a fancy-pantsy brick sidewalk at work, one which the city refuses to maintain because they're too busy building custom sidewalks for art museums. The plow always dredges up a couple of frost-heaved bricks each winter, and when I called the city manager's office last spring to see about getting them replaced, they basically told me there was nothing they were going to do. So I had to fix it myself, with a bag of Redi-krete and a trowel and a lot of fulsome language. All these tourists who think it's funny to step in wet cement really got on my nerves. If you're not a Major Motion Picture Star nobody wants to see your stupid footprints in front of a theatre.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
At the end of every internet session I go into: "History" and clear that. Then I clear: "Browsing Data," after that I get rid of "Temporary Files, Cookies & Web Form Information." My computer is set to deny cookies, but I don't trust that. Clearing everything keeps my laptop running at speed, it's never slowed down, it also keeps me anonymous, advertisers have no idea of my age or gender, and they cannot work out my income because I rarely buy online. When I do, I take a note of the phone number and buy over the phone. The resulting adverts can be hilarious, i just had to share this one that popped up today.
sex.png

Paisley

I'll Lock Up
At the end of every internet session I go into: "History" and clear that. Then I clear: "Browsing Data," after that I get rid of "Temporary Files, Cookies & Web Form Information." My computer is set to deny cookies, but I don't trust that. Clearing everything keeps my laptop running at speed, it's never slowed down, it also keeps me anonymous, advertisers have no idea of my age or gender, and they cannot work out my income because I rarely buy online. When I do, I take a note of the phone number and buy over the phone. The resulting adverts can be hilarious, i just had to share this one that popped up today.

Maybe advertisers assume that someone with a scrubbed web history is looking for an affair.

Loud talkers
Neighbors who talk so loud it’s as if they are in your house/yard. Those who talk so loud in restaurants that you cannot hear the one seated across the table. Those who don’t shut up and talk loud enough to be heard at a concert. I have been to more shows in the past couple of years where the talkers drown out the musicians on stage. I don’t understand why they are even there.
:D

Last edited:
Loud talkers
Neighbors who talk so loud it’s as if they are in your house/yard. Those who talk so loud in restaurants that you cannot hear the one seated across the table. Those who don’t shut up and talk loud enough to be heard at a concert. I have been to more shows in the past couple of years where the talkers drown out the musicians on stage. I don’t understand why they are even there.

In the german 90s, the people still knew to whisper. In the 2000s, they sadly forgot this competence. ;) Upcoming mass-infantilism.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Those who don’t shut up and talk loud enough to be heard at a concert.
There was a fellow, on the phone to his wife, in the queue at the supermarket checkout. On and on he went with such a load of tedious drivel, making sure that everyone around knew that Jemima and Tarquin were coming to dinner that evening. We heard about Jemima's allergies, Tarquin's wine preference and whether the asparagus was fresh in today. When he finally finished I just couldn't help myself: "Have you shut up, or have I gone deaf?" I said. He glared but everyone else smiled, broadly. Moron.

3fingers

One Too Many
Loud talkers
This is a pet peeve of mine whether it is volume control in public or people who think loudness helps their case in any disagreement. I really have nothing to add that Dr. Hertzler didn't cover in my signature line below.

MisterCairo

I'll Lock Up
There was a fellow, on the phone to his wife, in the queue at the supermarket checkout. On and on he went with such a load of tedious drivel, making sure that everyone around knew that Jemima and Tarquin were coming to dinner that evening. We heard about Jemima's allergies, Tarquin's wine preference and whether the asparagus was fresh in today. When he finally finished I just couldn't help myself: "Have you shut up, or have I gone deaf?" I said. He glared but everyone else smiled, broadly. Moron.

I do, however, think it quaint that you heard about "Jemima and Tarquin" coming over. In Canada, it would be "Mykala and Jakob"...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OldBoot