Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
I angered many a neighborhood improver type by editorializing that when you got right down to it, they didn’t really care what became of our scruffier brothers and sisters, so long as they went away.

Diversity? Oh yeah, the newly arrived gentrifiers treasure the diversity of the district, provided all those diverse people believe and behave just as they do. As to the others? Just price ’em out, and then congratulate yourselves on saving the neighborhood.

Amen to that, tonyb.

I know, the most Loungers are much older than me and surely know this. I'm not a plumber, but I'm proud of myself and like to report it.

First:
2020, I dissambled the lengths of pipe under my kitchen sink, while doing troubleshooting. And I just cleaned them manually as good as I could and nearly all the MUCK was gone. So far, so good! Circa 75% of all parts under my kitchen sink clean. But the trouble wasn't really cleared.

Today:
After a months of watching another smaller failure becoming permanent, I decided to start troubleshooting again. I now dissambled the main syphon and the secondary syphon on the drip-off site and cleaned all parts immediately, then checked the seal on the failing point. The seal was undamaged.
I assembled all together again. Woohoo, with all parts now 99% clean, all the trouble was gone!!

So the result is, that there was no bug in all parts. It was just the muck, causing the failure!
And I know, I can do the manual cleaning everytime I want, WITHOUT the need of any chemical tube cleaner! :)

Next time cleaning job maybe 2030. :D

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Trapsed the Net and found a yellow lobster caught off coastal Maine, christened Banana, peeled off
to U of Maine research lab life imprisonment. A Detroit Zoo polar bear Nuka, mated then slew its partner,
Suka; caught caged at locus, presumably confessed, forfeited passion as legal defense, leaving prison staff
bananas over this checkmate. And the snow white winter owl last seen Wall Street environ, a banana split,
remains on the lam. Auguries, omens, vagaries, vicissitudes these latitudes.

First change since 1964. Buy why? Maybe we're supposed to think of the "m" as an electrical outlet.

GM_Logo.JPG

Harp

I'll Lock Up
First change since 1964. Buy why? Maybe we're supposed to think of the "m" as an electrical outlet.

Hey, don't be dragin no electrik union stuff in heres. Next thing ya knows we needs to be dividin up
the pay roll stuff n' anyways we don't want nobody heres nobody didn't sent us. Besides dat, whats good
fer Genril Motrz is good fer Chicaga doncha knows?

LizzieMaine

Bartender
The "g" reminds me of the Goodwill Industries logo, which probably isn't the message they're trying to convey. And the underlined "m" is indeed supposed to represent an electrical outlet. Doesn't appear to be up to code, though.

Branding consultants make me itch, and the fact they're paid vast sums to come up with such monstrosities makes me scratch myself raw.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Not really trivial and not really just ticked off, but imagine the fun of going into a hospital for a small but highly nerve-wracking procedure and discovering that they've gotten some of your basic personal information wrong on the paperwork. And imagine that you can't find anyone there with the authority to go into the database and correct it because "we have to go by what's in the computer." Imagine being so frustrated and annoyed by this that the trauma of the procedure itself recedes into minor significance. If this was the deliberate plan all along, let's just say I can't wait until the expropriation and liquidation of this particular Health Care Industrial institution.

KILO NOVEMBER

One Too Many
And imagine that you can't find anyone there with the authority to go into the database and correct it because "we have to go by what's in the computer." Imagine being so frustrated and annoyed by this that the trauma of the procedure itself recedes into minor significance. If this was the deliberate plan all along, let's just say I can't wait until the expropriation and liquidation of this particular Health Care Industrial institution.

Yes, front-line government employees are well known for their willingness to take risks and do things beyond their remit if it can help a "client" (sarcasm alert!). I'm sure you'll be much happier when a civil servant says, "we have to go by what's in the computer" than when it's been said by an employee of a private enterprise.

Large enterprises, public or private, run by procedure and rule. The bigger the enterprise, the more restrictive the rules. It takes real talent and courage to design and operate a large enterprise flexibly-enough to deal effectively with things when they don't work, and that combination is exceedingly rare.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Let's just say it's gonna be a frostbitten g-d night in hell before they see see a cent of the bloated, extortionate bill they're about to send me, the better to fund the seven-figure salary they pay their CEO. "Ooops, that person doesn't actually exist! Must be a glitch in the computer. Code 6-22 to you, sweethearts. "

Harp

I'll Lock Up
Let's just say it's gonna be a frostbitten g-d night in hell before they see see a cent of the bloated, extortionate bill they're about to send me, the better to fund the seven-figure salary they pay their CEO. "Ooops, must be a glitch in the computer. Code 6-22!"

As to computer restriction cited by hospital clerk, Promissory Estoppel recognizes existence of a valid
contractual obligation verbally granted, duly recorded patient profile, and with proper identification shown,
a patient should have sufficient recourse to relevant amendment said contract. If a patient wishes to
amend his/her profile and is refused, supervisor request pursuant such contract is enforceable.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
Meanwhile, the entire Northeast is being wracked by a chronic shortage of canned cat food, which bodes extremely ill for the immediate future. I am told this is because of a nationwide aluminum-can shortage, although I see no evidence of it in the shape of the bloated gentlemen waddling out of the Hannafid's with a double-suitcase of Bud Light under each arm, and one tucked under the belly. My cat is not pleased.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112