So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Discussion in 'The Observation Bar' started by GHT, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

As both, NVA as well as Thälmann Pioniere, are long history maybe in a museum or a forgotten storehouse.

;)

Zombie_61 likes this.
  2. LizzieMaine

LizzieMaine Bartender

That video was right before the TEMP gauge pegged into the red. You can't see me swearing behind the wheel, alas.

Zombie_61 and Trenchfriend like this.
  3. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Here you go...:)

Zombie_61 and Trenchfriend like this.
  4. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion One Too Many

The stock line is, "Little boys like to play Cowboys and Indians. Shriners like to play Muslims and Infidels."

Zombie_61, tonyb and LizzieMaine like this.
  5. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

^^^
    Look like inferior American WWII Shermans; more recent East German Soviet T-72s sport muzzle brake,
    and to disable with LAW Light anti tank weapon hand held, need to hit southpaw side where ammo and gas
    vulnerable.

6. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

You know, what I like the most about reading a book?

It's not the black letters on the paper. It's the calming-down effect. Reading a good book is like meditation, deceleration. Maybe escapism, too.

ChrisB, Zombie_61 and Harp like this.
  7. Turnip

Turnip One Too Many

Try the row „Das Deutsche Reich Und Der Zweite Weltkrieg“ from the MGFA, a lot to read, a lot to learn.

Harp likes this.
  8. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Ein riesiges Buch, benotigen ein Leben lang, um zu lesen. A magnum opus that rivals Giacomo Leopardi's
    Zibaldone. Which I still am bogged down with, and will always be.

9. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

May I recommend The Memoirs of Giacomo Casanova de Seingalt? ;)

10. ChiTownScion

ChiTownScion One Too Many

One final point: When I was a member, the corporate name was, "Ancient Arabic Order Nobles of the Mystic Shrine." Now it's "Shriners of North America." That likely came to pass as a result of what you're referencing.

Another sign of the times: there are rarely Shriner marching bands anymore. Older guys, riding on floats.

11. EngProf

EngProf A-List Customer

No Shermans there. Soviet T-34/76 was the oldest model represented.
    We gave the Russians some Shermans during WWII, but they would not have admitted it in a propaganda setting like that.
    When I was a kid, our next-door-neighbor made a tank out of plywood that we used for playing Army. It was fun, but nothing like the detail of those Germans...

12. Zombie_61

Zombie_61 I'll Lock Up

Ahh, kids and their tanks. Sure brings back memories of...ummm...

13. AmateisGal

AmateisGal I'll Lock Up

Slipping on the black ice early in the morning really ticks me off. Thankfully I didn't break anything.

I HATE WINTER.

14. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Initially thought this video clip was more comical than combatant, East German application notwithstanding.
    Saw the clip second time around; whatever intent, armor is deadly serious.

15. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

Listening to National Public Radio broadcast of recent episode Capitol recounted by reporter at locus.
    Moderator is NPR employee. Objective analysis not by a long shot; either side of the microphone,
    which is unfortunate but the cumulative abject lack of acumen never ceases to surprise.
    Concluding his spiel, the reporter- a New Yorker staffer wraps interview around his belief that any
    subsequent subpoena if, and, only if, served him will be challenged. So as to maintain his objective
    journalist standards. LOL. Not to be caustic, and, this comment is hardly political, but frankly said reporter
    has his head stuck up his wazoo so far he cannot see daylight.
    A subpoena duces tecum served subsequent would make for an interesting NPR feature.:D

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  16. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^
    Nah, nothing political in that.

Harp likes this.
  17. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

A pithy piece of sarcasm, crisp bacon well done with morning joe is always welcome tony.
    I enjoy constructive dialogue with fellow loungers, I know that mine is not the sole opinion,
    nor the last word on this or any subject. As a former reporter, I would be especially interested
    in hearing your take on the state of present day journalist practice. My own view on said subject
    is that too often ideology gets in the way of objective analysis with requisite precise focus.
    And, of course, believe it or not, my prior post was hardly political but practical, spoke from
    a consumer's desire for honest factual reporting. Now, if you'd rather prefer a sarcastic
    aside, well ok.

18. tonyb

tonyb I'll Lock Up

^^^^
    Oh please, injured one. Your posts reek of sarcasm. And pedantry. And I hesitate to even get started on the tortured syntax.

You’ve taken numerous digs at anything journalistic this side of Fox News.

But, you know, none of that is “political.”

Harp likes this.
  19. Harp

Harp I'll Lock Up

I am uninjured, tony; and I have more than my fair share of faults, foibles, other stuff too numerous to mention.
    And I like your candor. But my earlier query was honest and straightforward. You may decline dialogue,
    of course, but it was offered sincerely.

20. Trenchfriend

Trenchfriend I'll Lock Up

Who need James Cameron??
    THIS is the real dope!:

Holy cow!! o_O

Zombie_61 likes this.