Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

With only 377 posts in 11 years, I have done my best to avoid that situation. I always hesitate before hitting the “post reply” button.

It is better to remain silent and be thought perhaps a fool….

Which also points to the cowardice of bomb-throwers whose true identities remain cloaked. We’ve had people with more than one fictitious identity on this very site, or so I strongly suspect. What of any value they hope to gain from it is lost on me.

But then, I wouldn’t wish to make a world where people are so fearful of how their words might be received at some point in the distant future that they fear to speak at all. Even Abraham Lincoln (to whom that “It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool … ” adage is attributed) made some statements that ring rather racist in 21st century ears.

^^^^^
Remember when that sh*t was taken seriously?

Remember “Sybil”? To jog memories, that was the pseudonym of a woman on whom a book and a couple of TV movies were based. Poor Sybil had 16 personalities or identities or whatever, all residing in one head.

That was back in the ’70s, when a lot of that sort of stuff was in the air. It has since been pretty well exposed for the hokum it was.

The one from the North

One of the Regulars
With only 377 posts in 11 years, I have done my best to avoid that situation. I always hesitate before hitting the “post reply” button.

It is better to remain silent and be thought perhaps a fool….
My feelings exactly! With added bonus as a member of international loungers to whom English is a foreign language: Constant worry that I might be writing something totally stupid and insulting! Surely I'm not the only one out here!?

Edward

Bartender
My feelings exactly! With added bonus as a member of international loungers to whom English is a foreign language: Constant worry that I might be writing something totally stupid and insulting! Surely I'm not the only one out here!?

I get you. FWIW, though, 99% of the most problematic content we've had to moderate over the years has been native English speakers every time! ;)

Over the years, we've had one or two people who had to be banned (a weapon of last resort in any normal course of things) keep popping up every couple of years under a new alias. Invariably, no matter how clever they think they're being with their alt IDs and VPNs to mask their IP addresses, their own behaviour gives them away sooner or later.

Not a bad thing, but kind of interesting topic?

I never had such a nice compact, mobile "First-Aid-Kit packet", let's say First-Aid-Kit's little brother, before. And I can't remember ever seeing one of these in supermarket, before. But it made me so snoopy, yesterday, that I finally bought one.
I think, the really good point is, that it includes one of the important First-Aid manuals!

The blister plasters (middle) are nice to have! And the wound-skin-closures are really interesting. :)

Maybe, a small scissors would have been a nice addition.

Attachments

• IMGP8173.JPG
    IMGP8173.JPG
    350.9 KB · Views: 316
  • IMGP8172.JPG
    IMGP8172.JPG
    332.9 KB · Views: 352
  • IMGP8169.JPG
    IMGP8169.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 412
  • IMGP8168.JPG
    IMGP8168.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 550
  • IMGP8164.JPG
    IMGP8164.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 556

Fifty150

One Too Many
For anyone who believes they need to be prepared, I recommend having a QuickClot kit. If you've got someone who is bleeding, this kit is a lifesaver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3TKfdFHAtM
QuikClot Combat Gauze Training Presentation

ITS Tactical / Imminent Threat Solutions

Live tissue demonstration of QuikClot Combat Gauze (viewer discretion advised) View ...

Hemostatic Vs. Non-Hemostatic Gauze (what you need to know)

PrepMedic

Packing a wound with hemostatic gauze is a potentially life saving intervention; however, there are several prevalent ...

Quik Clot Combat Gauze - Directions For Use training

FDL Group

A video explanation of the four panel Directions For Use found on the back of the QuikClot Combat Gauze package.

Quik Clot

SkinnyMedic

I wanted to provide you with information on Quik Clot. In this video I provide you will information on Quik Clot and how to use it for ...

Adding five multipurpose biocide/desinfection wipes for completition.

So we have:
-medical (powdered) gloves
-multipurpose pinzette
-desinfection wipes
-adhesive tape
-wound skin closures
-wound compresses
-blister plasters
-normal plasters
-elastic bandage
-gauze bandage/first aid dressing
-emergency whistle (at the bag clip)

Anything else?

Attachments

• IMGP8176.JPG
    IMGP8176.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 662
Last edited:
Adding five multipurpose biocide/desinfection wipes for completition.

So we have:
-medical (powdered) gloves
-multipurpose pinzette
-desinfection wipes
-adhesive tape
-wound skin closures
-wound compresses
-blister plasters
-normal plasters
-elastic bandage
-gauze bandage/first aid dressing
-emergency whistle (at the bag clip)

Anything else?
Yeah, ethyl cyanoacrylate. Generically known as "Super Glue", and by the brand name "Krazy Glue". The companies that manufacture it say it was originally developed by scientists at Eastman Kodak who were trying to design gun sights for the military during World War II. It didn't work in that capacity, but they discovered it made a wonderful adhesive. During the Vietnam war it was indeed used in the field to temporarily close wounds so the troop/patient/victim wouldn't bleed to death before receiving the necessary medical treatment. It worked so well at gluing human flesh together that at least one medical grade was developed and is still in use to this day. Mind you, it's not advised to reach for the Krazy Glue if you have other options available, but it's probably preferable to exsanguination. :D

Fifty150

One Too Many
A rumor I've often heard is that some people prepare themselves for emergency trauma. Maybe you're out camping, and there's an accident. I don't know any anarchist, survivalist, or anyone living in a concrete bunker. Perhaps someone, for whatever reason, can't go to a hospital with a gunshot or stab wound - like maybe the cops would be all over you. I'm not saying that you can simply buy this kind of stuff on Amazon.com. You can easily buy a suture or staple kit from a med supply store, or the veterinary supply section of a saddle shop or feed shop. Chlorhexidine swabs are usually available from medical supply outlets. I've seen "trauma kits" and "gunshot wound kits" being sold over the counter. An IV stand and IV meds may be harder to obtain, but can be bought. Although I would advise against it, but fentanyl is sold on the streets.

upload_2021-9-3_22-27-6.png

upload_2021-9-3_22-29-34.png

upload_2021-9-3_22-32-5.png

upload_2021-9-3_22-34-49.png

upload_2021-9-3_22-35-36.png

upload_2021-9-3_22-36-44.png

A rumor I've often heard is that some people prepare themselves for emergency trauma...Perhaps someone, for whatever reason, can't go to a hospital with a gunshot or stab wound - like maybe the cops would be all over you...
It probably wouldn't be immediate, but I can state without a doubt that if you walk into the Emergency Room of a hospital here in southern California with a gunshot or stab wound that the police will eventually "interview" you about the wound and you'd better have a damn good explanation for how you got it.

About tampons and menstr.pads.
I can't remember, that this was going on in the 90s. But since 2010, it spread worse, at least in the bigger cities. The foils of the menstr.pads lay on boardwalk, in borders of flowers or wherever. Tampons lay on bushes at the boardwalkside or hanging from bushes like christmas tree.
Hm, do they need to change while walking along the street or what is this?? I thought, the most use moon cups, today?

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
About tampons and menstr.pads.
I can't remember, that this was going on in the 90s. But since 2010, it spread worse, at least in the bigger cities. The foils of the menstr.pads lay on boardwalk, in borders of flowers or wherever. Tampons lay on bushes at the boardwalkside or hanging from bushes like christmas tree.
Hm, do they need to change while walking along the street or what is this?? I thought, the most use moon cups, today?
Too much information!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner