Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Does the FedEx online tracking show when and where along its journey the package was scanned in and out, as does USPS tracking? My guess is that it got misplaced in a facility for a couple days...
Their online tracking does list when the parcel was scanned while the item is still in their possession; not so much after it's been delivered. Going back now and looking at the tracking to refresh my memory, the daily delivery estimate comments have been omitted and it now shows only when and where it was scanned; i.e. "Monday, October 25, 2021 [space] 1:37 PM [space] BLOOMINGTON, CA [space] Arrived at FedEx location." Even then, it only shows "On FedEx vehicle for delivery" on the last two days; all mention of the first delivery estimate being on Sunday the 24th and the second being on Monday the 25th have been eliminated. If I had wanted to make an issue of it, it should have happened after the second delivery estimate was missed. So I'll never know precisely why they kept putting off the delivery, but I do know if I had delayed a delivery three days in a row when I was a delivery driver I wouldn't have kept my job. And my only real "objection" is in principle, not in practice, because the item to be delivered was a paper shredder; not exactly a life-threatening situation if we don't have one for a few days. If they needed an extra day or two, they should have just informed me. This way it seems shady, like they deliberately pick and choose who does and doesn't get their packages on any given day.

Last edited:
Can anyone please STOP this "green light, red light!" bullshit?? I'm sick of hearing this topic discussed over all channels.

Thank God, I can listen to music-only Radio Swiss Jazz (or Pop) at home! :)

Back in my kids-time, "Netflix" would have been something to eat, man!

Once upon a time in English "you" and "ye" were plural while "thou" and "thee" were singular. It's a mystery to me why these distinctions disappeared and how vigorously we English speakers strive to replace them.

To add to the Irish plural forms you cite, in the U.S. we have "y'all" in the South, "youse" in the neighborhood of New York City, and from my own western Pennsylvania, "yuns" (alternately "yinz").

In the South, "y'all" is often used as the singular. The plural would be "all y'all".

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Supermarket shopping, where you can witness a real life episode of: "What not to wear." Woe betide you though if you complain.
pyjamas-tweet.jpg

The two traveller women discovered they had been covertly photographed by another customer in the shop as they went to buy milk for a five-month-old baby at 7pm.
Chris Cooke wrote on Facebook, ‘Dear Tesco, please can you put a rule in place that people like this will not be served in your stores. It’s disgusting.’
One of the women a member of the travelling community, who asked not to be named said, ‘I’m disgusted that a man has taken our picture and put it online asking for Tesco to ban people wearing their pyjamas.

^^^^^
What am I not getting here? Are these not actually pajamas (or pyjamas, if you’d prefer), and therein lies the joke? Or is there something else in the photo that my tired old eyes aren’t picking up?

I clearly remember when women wore their hair in curlers while doing their grocery shopping. A scarf was often worn over those curlers, but not always. Not that it made much of a difference.

There’s a more-than-a-little cruel online community devoted to clandestinely taken photos of unattractive people dressed in their Tuesday worst, at supermarkets, mostly, and Walmart particularly. Yeah, it’s not a good look, but it’s not deserving of ridicule.

LizzieMaine

Bartender
I'm too busy being frustrated that the cat-food shortage still holds Wal-Mart in its grasp to give a damn what my fellow frustrated customers are wearing. Especially when I'm wearing a fifteen-year-old dress with a button missing and the hem held up by gaffer tape and a grease-spotted cardigan out at both elbows. Oh, and a headscarf.

I'm too busy being frustrated that the cat-food shortage still holds Wal-Mart in its grasp to give a damn what my fellow frustrated customers are wearing. Especially when I'm wearing a fifteen-year-old dress with a button missing and the hem held up by gaffer tape and a grease-spotted cardigan out at both elbows. Oh, and a headscarf.

What, no curlers?

It’s my habit, especially in warm weather, to walk around the house and grounds with my shirt unbuttoned, my hairy belly overhanging my waistband. If a neighbor or some passerby wishes to photograph me in such a state and put it online, well, okay. I hope the viewers get a kick out of it, if not an erection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk