Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So trivial, yet it really ticks you off.

Dm101

A-List Customer
  • People that drive SUVs like they're driving a delicate little fiberglass vintage sportscar.
  • People that can't drive through snow.
  • The friggin crease in my hat.
  • This #$%@#$^@# winter.
  • These damnable short boots that get my pants hung up on the tops of them every friggin time I sit down.
  • Finding engineer boots that are affordable and the style I need is completely COMPLETELY impossible where I live.
  • The idiots at the courthouse in the city where my business is have no friggin clue how to do their jobs!! I go to the next city over where I'm opening up another of the same business....they give all the info you need AND the forms AND a line-by-line walkthrough of completing the process AND they take all the paperwork at the same time if you like!! This shortens the process to a few months max instead of close to a bloody year.
  • Microsoft.
  • Apple.
  • Nike.
  • Cisco.
  • The institution of College.
  • Rappers.
  • The music industry.
  • AARRRRRGHGGGHGHGHGGGHHHHHH!!!!!
This isn't working the way they said it would.
I'm supposed to be getting MORE patience as I get older...not LESS.

Dm101

A-List Customer
Is the internet really so powerful so as to wipe the generational memory bank of past horrors? A lot of these people have living relatives who can give them real life experiences of how people died or were permanently crippled by these diseases.
People seem to be more inclined to believe any wandering crackpot or washed up actor/actress rather than what is in front of their own eyes.
How can people be so stupid to think that these diseases are "gone" rather than lying in wait for an available host?
It boggles the mind.

Being that this country has legislated the consequences of stupidity out of existence...these things are happening.
And more often.

Until the wonderful rules of Darwinism are allowed to have effect again...the stupid people will continue to make their dim-witted mark on this world.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Until the wonderful rules of Darwinism are allowed to have effect again...the stupid people will continue to make their dim-witted mark on this world.
Ain't that the truth:
stupid.jpg

Of late Louie the cat.

He goes through food like crazy. A bag of Purina Cat Chow used to last a month, now it barely lasts ten days! I've tried to put him on a diet by feeding him less but the furry ba***rd knows how to manipulate everybody else by making such a ruckus that it bothers them, forcing me to constantly feed him.

He keeps me up at night when he's hungry at 3:00 -- 4:00 AM. Again I've tried to ignore him but his loud meowing and scratching at the door wakes everybody else up. Often it's more than just feeding him because frequently he still has food in his bowl but wants a fresh scoop, he also wants me to lead him to his food like a maitre'd as if he doesn't know where his bowl is! And then I have to wait for him to finish eating because he wants to go outside afterwards.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Of late Louie the cat.

He goes through food like crazy. A bag of Purina Cat Chow used to last a month, now it barely lasts ten days! I've tried to put him on a diet by feeding him less but the furry ba***rd knows how to manipulate everybody else by making such a ruckus that it bothers them, forcing me to constantly feed him.

He keeps me up at night when he's hungry at 3:00 -- 4:00 AM. Again I've tried to ignore him but his loud meowing and scratching at the door wakes everybody else up. Often it's more than just feeding him because frequently he still has food in his bowl but wants a fresh scoop, he also wants me to lead him to his food like a maitre'd as if he doesn't know where his bowl is! And then I have to wait for him to finish eating because he wants to go outside afterwards.

He's got you well trained that's all. Embrace your servitude. :)

I rarely begrudge our cat her occasionally demanding ways. The poor beast has to tolerate never venturing outdoors (she went missing for months several years ago, shortly after we “adopted” her at the local pound; we recovered her [thanks to her being “chipped”] in an emaciated condition — near death, really) and sharing her space with two dogs, both of whom become jealous and bully their way in should she receive any affection from the human members of this household.

I pity the poor thing. She can yowl every now and then and claw the bedroom door jambs and do all those other mildly annoying cat things. She’s our kitty, and I’ll have her just the way she is.

Louie was an indoor cat for the first four years of his life (he's now almost 10) with his first two owners. When he became my cat he started spending more time outside -- he mainly comes in to eat and sleep. Fortunately he's never wandered off, he likes to hang out in the front yard bushes (his jungle) and now I've noticed that he spends more time in the backyard where he'll often sleep in the middle of the patio.

Louie was an indoor cat for the first four years of his life (he's now almost 10) with his first two owners. When he became my cat he started spending more time outside -- he mainly comes in to eat and sleep. Fortunately he's never wandered off, he likes to hang out in the front yard bushes (his jungle) and now I've noticed that he spends more time in the backyard where he'll often sleep in the middle of the patio.

I’m assuming your Louie sings soprano.

I had an “intact” male cat a long time ago. He’d disappear for a day or a week or more and return home when he apparently got himself on the losing end of an encounter with another cat or who-knows-what. He’d hole-up and lick his wounds and dine on fare he didn’t have to kill or fight over first.

Those days were different.

St. Louis

Practically Family
Of late Louie the cat.

He goes through food like crazy. A bag of Purina Cat Chow used to last a month, now it barely lasts ten days!

Your cat could be suffering from a thyroid condition. My cat behaved this way until the vet tested her blood & discovered the problem. I medicate my cat every day now & she's feeling much better and eating normally. Unfortunately, the 4:00 a.m. wake-up call is now permanently learned behavior ... sigh. You may have better luck. But do please take your cat to the vet. Hypothyroid conditions are very uncomfortable for the poor little critters.

Lean'n'mean

I'll Lock Up
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

The kitty of the recently departed Karl Largerfeld, certainly had staff. "Choupette" (pronounced 'shoe-pet) was/is accompanied around the clock by a variety of attendants including a chamber maid.
When asked about this by journalists (they rarely have anything original to ask) he simply replied he was creating jobs.
One could also add that " Choupette" has earned over one & a half million euros so far for her owner in merchandizing, so prehaps she is entitled to a little luxury.
7796989718_karl-lagerfeld-et-sa-chatte-choupette.PNG

3fingers

One Too Many
The USPS. I bought a couple of old topographical maps on Ebay. They were shipped in a tube suitable for the purpose and should have arrived in good condition. Unfortunately, either they were run over by a mail truck or were used in a light saber competition in transit. Now my formerly near pristine 100 year old maps have damage at the spot where the tube was crushed. :mad:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch