Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

So what do you think?

eugenesque

One of the Regulars

Deacon211

One Too Many
Not a big fan personally.

The collar is oddly big and round and the pocket flaps seem unusually big. The windflap has the perforations of a G-1, but also has the USN stencil of a m-422a. Also, the cuffs have a seam (i.e. the cuffs appear to be sewn rather than knitted as a single piece)

I've asked before but, what exactly are you looking for in a G-1? I was thinking of getting rid of the Pharr that was issued to me. A perfectly serviceable jacket, just not one that I've ever loved.

Also, I was just about to post about my recently acquired Cooper G-1. Size 48 and better than either of the jackets I was issued in the '90s. $268 and much better than the one you linked. I'd recommend a Cooper in a second now having had one.

580f3dd9f3a5d25ca74bd01e7f7e434e.jpg

Last edited:

aswatland

My Mail is Forwarded Here
The W&G repro dates to the 1980s or 90s and looks well made. You can still pick up original G-1s from the 1960s for the same price as this one.

Deacon211

One Too Many
The W&G repro dates to the 1980s or 90s and looks well made. You can still pick up original G-1s from the 1960s for the same price as this one.

I'm surprised that you like it Andrew. It seems to have some significant differences from an authentic jacket. I was looking at it again and noticed that it also seems to have the heavy zipper of a G-1 but the rib rack of a m-422a.

G-1_USN_USMC_USCG

New in Town
Deacon,
Happy New Year. I agree with you...an authentic issue jacket is a much better investment. As for the Cooper G-1's, I have one issue one (Size 46), and two Blue Label NEX sold G-1s (Size 48 and 46L). They are all three great fitting jackets and well made too. I also think the Brill Bros jackets issued in the seventies and eighties are not bad jackets either (so long as you have some room in the shoulders). All the best to you and your family and best wishes for a prosperous New Year.

Deacon211

One Too Many
Deacon,
Happy New Year. I agree with you...an authentic issue jacket is a much better investment. As for the Cooper G-1's, I have one issue one (Size 46), and two Blue Label NEX sold G-1s (Size 48 and 46L). They are all three great fitting jackets and well made too. I also think the Brill Bros jackets issued in the seventies and eighties are not bad jackets either (so long as you have some room in the shoulders). All the best to you and your family and best wishes for a prosperous New Year.

You too man! Sounds like you have an awesome collection there. I had similar issues with the one Brill that I had....too tight in the shoulders.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy