Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Soccer/Footy fans?

Anyone know if there's a company making good repro adidas telstar balls? I mean balls that are actually made of leather. (There are originals on eBay going for crazy money.) The black pentagon/white hexagon one from 1970, '74, '78 world cups - Like the one pique is holding in the Mexico '86 mascot pic.

cheers,
bk

matei

One Too Many
We support Rapid Bucuresti!

Things are pretty quiet in our house, as neither Ireland, nor Romania, qualified for the World Cup. :(

RedPop4 said:
Since we have such a diverse population here, including many from outside the shores of the United States, I thought I'd ask. It may be a stereotypical thing, and for that I apologize, to ask folks which club they support. However, I enjoy the sport immensely so I like to ask.

So, those of you who enjoy the sport, which club do you support.

jake_fink

Call Me a Cab
Things are pretty quiet in our house, as neither Ireland, nor Romania, qualified for the World Cup.

Things would be pereptually quiet in our household (every four years anyway) if we were to wait for Canada to qualify. Pick a neighbour, pick a bar, pick a condiment.... do you like salsa, sauerkraut or kimchi... now you have someone to root for. :D

RedPop4

One Too Many
I'm literally sick to my stomach over the egg the U.S. laid today. Save for Claudio Reyna's shot off of Petr Cech's goal and Eddie Johnson TRYING to get something started. Bobby Convey and Eddie Lewis looked a bit dangerous up the left wing at times, but weren't consistent enough. Terrible, terrible TERRIBLE.

No way we even take the pitch with the Italians like this. Ugh. I'm embarassed.

Australia, what resolve!!!! They got guts. They'll push Brazil, they're gonna rough up the Brazilians a bit. But I don't think they beat Brazil.

Oh, Trinidad & Tobago drew, goalless, against Sweden.

LeFonque

One of the Regulars
We are rejoicing in Australia over our first win in the World Cup over Japan. I think that we will struggle against the class of Brazil.

I was born in England my wife is German and we live in Australia so we have got three teams to support. I think the skill level at the WC is amazing. The whole thing is fantastic and good luck who ever you support.

Jack Scorpion

One Too Many
I'm all for the Ukraine and Shevchenko! Not that they have a chance, but I'll make like they do. I was right behind Panama as they lost their first 3 games in the World Baseball Classic. (I have the hat to prove it.)

Likewise, I bought a Shevchenko jersey. When I was in Kiev, you couldn't walk three steps without seein' somebody wearing the same.

Since my friends who are into the tournament are Korean, I'm obligated to offer a little support in that direction, too. Living in LA is part of that equation. Seeing masses of folk piled up on Wilshire wearing red was high adrenaline in 2002.

Down with all the dynasties! I'm looking at you Brazil. And England, and Germany, and C. Rep, and Italy. I'll stand by Mexico though.

A copy of an email i just sent to one of my friends ... Thoughts?

When Raul comes on later, tell me how he plays. He's clearly clearly clearly the very best player spain have had ... ever.

He's the one who always comes up s**** in world cups. He's scored 43 goals or so in 93 games for spain (a great record in international football). And e's always s*** in the WC/european championship etc.

The reason spain have done so crappy in competitions is because they've had to rely on Raul. now they appear to have two good performing strikers to give Raul some competition for his place on the team. They could go far this WC, if he's forced to prove himself (i predict that prove himself he most certainly will) I see hattrick for raul if he gets to start a game ...

pete

bk

KAT

A-List Customer
Deutschland vs. Polen..im afraid to watch or even to hear the result!
Either way, doesnt matter whos going to win..it will be bad!

KAT

A-List Customer
IHR K?ñNNT NACH HAUSE FAAAHRN IHR K?ñ?ñNT NACH HAUSE FAHRN!

one of the best games so far! amazing game! bunch of polish people got arrested ..oh my.. but it was a great game

mikepara

Practically Family
Berwick Rangers..

I skipped through the last few posts as I taped the Germany-Poland game and don't wish to spoil it with the result. So forgive me if we've changed topic mid way through and I haven't twigged.

Everyone seems to moan about football. "Theres no singing anymore ..we miss standing on the terraces.. can't get a ticket.. If I can get one it'll cost £25 - £45..Players on £50,000 a week"...etc.

The 'Dream' team I support costs £15 to get in. Stand anywhere you want. Sing till your blue in the face. Players have real 'other' jobs. Not Glamourous.. Real football.

Berwick Rangers Scottish 3rd Division.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland