Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sohnlein leather of bremen germany

sohnlein chaps

New in Town
I recently started digging through boxes in family storage, and found a pair of leather pants which appeared unique- The tag inside reads "sohnlein" in cursive, and is also marked 'bremer' and has metric sizes ge 19 gr 24. The best info I can find suggest sohnlein is no longer producing apparel, and I suspect that these pants are vintage motorcycle overpants of military origin. However, Ive found no information in the manufacturer or any way to date them, let alone understand their value. I do think Id sell them, but am trying to discern their history and value before making that call.

I gave a call to langlitz leather in portland, and they suggested this forum would be a good place to start asking questions. I dont have a photo of them, but will see if I can get one up in the next week. any ideas on how to research and determine the history of these pants would be very appreciated. they are in good shape, only a few minor scuffs, and some seam work needed for the liner- the leather seams are all in tact. they are missing a couple buttons, but the leather itself is in remarkable condition.

thank you!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic