Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

//SOLD// 1930s/40s Ginger Herringbone Tweed Sportscoat approx Size 38 //SOLD//

This is an awesome tweed sports coat. Quite heavy ginger herringbone tweed in a very flattering 3-button fastening notch lapel format. Made by Drapeshire for Al Stein's of Baltimore, the style suggests it to be late 30s-middle 40s. That label is awesome, one of the best I've encountered. The 4 cuff buttons are working-type. I have lined the arms of the jacket (the liners were gone), and replaced all the buttons (they were all mismatched) with period-correct caramely/orangey corozo buttons that are very close to the colour of the one remaining original (now no longer on the jacket). There is a single vent in the rear of the jacket. The only remaining issue with the jacket (I've been slowly fixing it up for a while) is the front liner parts are detached and show some tearing. I will reattach them (just need basting back on) before sending, but nothing I can do with the tears. You might want to shore these up when you get the jacket. No-one sees the liners right? All in all, this is a rather rare, and ineresting, jacket. I don't thik I've seen another quite like it. All the pics are at my blog.

I'd like £75/approx US$120 for the jacket (I've put a lot of work into it), with shipping extra and to be calculated based on destination. Please PM with interest. I prefer paypal from outside the UK. Inside UK, a cheque is doable, if you can pick it up from London, cash would work, too.

Measurements:
Chest: 21.25"
Shoulders: 19"
Arms: 24" (If you want to shorten, it'll have to be from the shoulder. They will not lengthen)
Length: 30" (rear, excluding collar)

gingerhbonesportscoat2.jpg

gingerhbonesportscoat3.jpg

gingerhbonesportscoat8.jpg

gingerhbonesportscoat9.jpg

gingerhbonesportscoat10.jpg

Last edited:
I think you need 15 posts before you can sens messages.

Unless you mean an actual email. If sent to the account linked to my FLounge account, that one is no longer in existence, I'm afraid. I would advise going through random threads, and leaving small comments like "nice hat" to build up your post count to the point where you can send private messages.

best regards.

bk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails