Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: 1940's Royal De Luxe Stetsonian 6-7/8

1940’s [1946-1949] era Stetson - Royal De Luxe “Stetsonian” Size: 6-7/8
Color: Not sure what Stetson’s name for this color is but the first 2 pictures of the hat, represent the hat’s color well. Pretty darn true to color in these photos. A medium Tan??
A fantastic color combination between body, grosgrain and edge binding.
A note about the felt: I’ve only handled about 2 dozen vintage Stetsons, but this is by far the softest hat I’ve ever handled. The hat in the photo was dry creased. It shapes so easily. In comparison to my old Borsalino Alessandria, I have to say they are very close regarding the amount of stiffener in the body.
The hat is vintage pristine. The sweat is perfect; soft and subtle, no cracks. The stitching is perfect. The reed is perfect, as you can see there is no chipping. The liner is free of stain and is minty.. No stains, scars, odors; and no signs of mothing.
Size: 6-7/8
Brim: 2-5/8
Crown: 4-1/2, from brim to top of crease
Crown Open: Looks like 5’’ to me.
Grosgrain: Medium Moss Green, 1-3/4 inches wide
Edge Treatment: bound with Tan Grosgrain, equal on both sides, top and bottom, width ½ inch.
Crest shot:
40sStetsonian678002.jpg

Philadelphia Tags:
40sStetsonian678001.jpg

Liner up the side
40sStetsonian678004.jpg

Sweat
40sStetsonian678003.jpg

True color of hat:
40sStetsonian678011.jpg

True color of hat:
40sStetsonian678017.jpg

Color not true –but Gros is very close to true.
40sStetsonian678010.jpg

Color not true –but Gros is very close to true.
40sStetsonian678012.jpg

Price: $ 125.00 Plus shipping and insurance. [my understanding from a Stetson collector is that this Stetsonian is possibly valued upward to 175.00]
PM’s honored in order received.
Thanks for your interest.

Last edited:
Last bump, if cash flow with Christmas is issue, read on.....

[last bump]
If by chance price is an issue with Christmas just days away; and if you would like the hat but for this reason decided against it, I am willing to hold it for you for a few weeks if you are seriously interested.

Thanks for the compliment on this Stetsonian, it sure is a gorgeous hat. I do have a gentleman interested, awaiting payment and will mark it as sold once confirmed. Thanks all for looking at this fine hat.

[until payment is confirmed, any other PM's will be next in line, 12-25-10]

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred