Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD: **50's Park Crest silverbelly Open Road/Stratoliner clone, size 7 1/4 - 7 3/8**

Mr E Train

One Too Many
Here is a nice Open Road-style fur felt fedora from a maker I frankly don't know much about, Park Crest Hats, New York. I believe it was a small custom hat maker, and from what I can tell from this one, they made pretty darn good hats. I bought it off eBay because it was marked as 7 3/4, but it measures out at 22 3/4" inches, so it is closer to a 7 1/4, although it would also fit as a snug 7 3/8. I'm honestly not sure if it's 50's--it was sold on eBay as 40's, but others on the Lounge have guessed mid-50's, and that seems like a better estimation. I'm selling it for $45 shipped CONUS by USPS Priority Mail.

It originally had a very simple cattleman's crease, so I re-bashed it in a diamond or kite shape. The felt is high quality, very amenable to reshaping, and it only took me a few minutes to do the crease, and I'm by no means an expert.

a624094c.jpg

8ab22641.jpg

Lengthwise and across it measures 8 3/8" and 6 5/8" inside the sweatband from one side to the other. I ill-advisedly attempted to stretch it with a hat jack, and that helped it become almost wearable for me, but it also caused some of the sweatband stitching to come loose in a couple of places, which you can see in the photos below.

e41f30c3.jpg

67a8b996.jpg

It also quickly shrunk back down to the size it was originally. I was going to keep it just as a hanger just because I like it, but I figured I would just pass it on rather than let it sit around accumulating dust.

There are a few moth bites, which are evident in the photos. The lining is very clean and the sweatband is soft, pliable and in excellent shape other than the loose stitches mentioned above. This is a great hat, and a bargain for a classic silverbelly Open Road/Stratoliner type lid.

312034c2.jpg

bf27e5b3.jpg

56237e8a.jpg

Send me a PM if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy