Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

* SOLD * A-2 Flight Jacket by The Few Mfg.

bentusian

One of the Regulars
SOLD

Up for sale is an A-2 Jacket manufactured by The Few, one of the top-tier A-2 repro makers around the world. The Few is based in NZ, but mostly supplies Japanese market with leather products.

Quality of this jacket leaves practically nothing more to be desired - I'm very sure that this is the best you could get.

Featuring aniline-finished horsehide in dark seal brown colour with brown waist and wrist knits. The HH used in this jacket is as think as 1.3mm, so it feels pretty solid and secure when worn. Yet the leather is oiled enough to feel supple.

Size 40, but it came with slightly tighter fit than usual 40s. So I'd say its somewhere between size 39 and 40.

Pictures below were taken when new. However, this jacket has rarely been worn, so it's almost new except some light 'rumples' around the lower arm part. (more 'current' pics will be available upon request)

dsc01631.jpg

FYI, its retail price was JPY 168,000 (this year it has gone up to JPY 178,500).

SOLD

Thanks.

Persimmon

One of the Regulars
Wow ...The Few or should that be The Pricey

Wow thats a very expensive jacket.
I have heard of The Few but how are they so costly to purchase ?
Looking at the pictures their does not seem to be any greater quality there than the major competitors in the industry.
At that price I can buy two Goodwears or three top Eastmans !!!
I do hope you get your money back.
Great size for me in the A2 but at that price sorry count me out.
Best Wishes
Alan

bentusian

One of the Regulars
Persimmon said:
Wow thats a very expensive jacket.
I have heard of The Few but how are they so costly to purchase ?
Looking at the pictures their does not seem to be any greater quality there than the major competitors in the industry.
At that price I can buy two Goodwears or three top Eastmans !!!
I do hope you get your money back.
Great size for me in the A2 but at that price sorry count me out.
Best Wishes
Alan

Cheers for your interest and comment. :)

Indeed it is pricey, but as far as I can tell, again, this one's of top-notch quality. Although I haven't tried or seen GW yet, at least compared to ELC's The Few is definitely better. Yes it's only very subtle difference mostly in the leather thickness and finish, but the difference is certainly there to notice. Hope we can meet up just so I can show you. ;)

This will be up for the next few days, then I'll just have to keep it. Just wanted to cut down redundant collections before moving.

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
GENTS.

Gentlemen.

Please...his is really 'not' the place to be crying out..."HOW MUCH? ":eek:
The price set by a TFL Member 'is' what 'it is.' Respect it 'please.' [huh]

I'd be more than peaved if someone publicly wrote or hinted in Classifieds about one of my things I'm selling, "PADDY, that's a bit pricey!" (that would really help me in selling something).

So, a bit of diplomacy guys. *If* you are interested in an item Gents, then I'm sure the seller would be more than happy to tell you more about it, and you can PM/email him/her any questions you might have.:) Cheers!

Good Luck with that .;)

PADDY_M

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart