Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

**SOLD**FS: NOS 'Royal' fedora (size 7 1/2), and a Stephen L. Stetson hat box**SOLD**

fluteplayer07

One Too Many
I have for sale a size 7 1/2 new old stock fedora from a company named Royal, who at one point manufactured hats for Stetson. The hat is closest to a lavender-grey, with a silver ribbon and brim binding. It has its original price tag attached under the sweatband, advertising it's $7.50 price, 100% fur felt content, reeded sweat (sewn in back), factory crease (still intact), and 'luxurious trimmings'. The size tag, also intact, reads 7 1/2. The liner is a light lavender color, with white on the tip. It is pleated, a feature I recognize as being common on older hats. The hat has a functional wind trolley. The only flaw I see is a slight amount of mothing to the underside of the brim, in four small spots (shown in pictures). I would estimate the age to be of the 1940's or 50's.

Pictures:

-Hat
-Factory crease
-Wind cord is functional
-Liner and price tag
-Mothing
-Price tag
-Size tag

Dimensions:

-Brim: 2 5/8"
-Binding: 1/4"
-Ribbon: 1 3/8"
-Crown (as creased): 5" at front

Also included is the hat box the hat was found in; Stephen L. Stetson (the son of John B. Stetson who defected from his father's company, and was later required to state his hats were not affiliated with his father's company; the disclaimer is on the box). The turquoise box is in excellent shape, with shelf wear on the edges as expected for a box of its age. It has the original red tag factory-glued to the box listing the box's occupant's size (says 7 1/2-same as the hat, and the color appears to say 'lead', written in pencil). No holes or structural damage to the box. It has the 'hat ring' inside that holds the hat.

Pictures:

-Disclaimer and tag
-'Form'
-With hat

I am asking $200 (OBO) for this large, NOS hat, and the box with original store tag, inc. shipping.

Feel free to post or PM any questions to me.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
That is a very pretty hat! Thank you for buying it first, pimple (or if somebody beat you, then thanks to them). You prevented me from spending money I don't have just now. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo