Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***SOLD***FS: Two Vintage Silhouettes hats - VS Black Cherry and VS Powderblue 7 1/4

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
These two VS hats of mine don't get the amount of wear they deserve, so I've decided to sell them. Both were made using the dress weight 100% beaver felt ($385 new). It would be a shame to have them just sitting on the shelves.

The hats were made to fit a head circumference of 57.3cm, which makes it a smaller US 7 1/4. They should work comfortably for a 57cm head as well. Both are in mint condition.

I'm asking $220.- for each, including worldwide shipping from Germany. This does not include the hatbox. I can ship the hats with the hatboxes if you want to, but the shipping cost would be much higher.

***Both hats are sold.***

Please PM me if you're interested or if you have any questions. Payment via Paypal, as usual.

The Black Cherry is a beautiful felt color and very versatile, as can be seen by David's (DJH) frequent posts of him wearing a hat practically identical to this one in the WHAYWT-thread.
The Powderblue is going because I own another one in lightweight felt that was commissioned after this one. The felt, although dress weight, is very soft and takes deeper front pinches without steam or water. You can easily switch between the side dents shown in the pics and a tighter front pinch.

Details:

VS Black Cherry:
5.5" open crown, with full, straight crown. The brim is 2 3/8" and has an underwelt edge. 19 ligne matching ribbon. White liner.

BC-1.jpg

BC2-1.jpg

P1100009.jpg

P1100011.jpg

The liner shot captures the felt color better than the other pics. The BC is incredibly hard to photograph.

P1100015.jpg

P1060200-2.jpg

BC3.jpg

Last edited:

Rabbit

Call Me a Cab
VS Powderblue:
5.5" open crown, with full, straight crown. The brim is 2 3/8" and has a silver bound brim. 22 ligne midnight blue ribbon with narrow VS stripe in silver, like the binding. The ribbon color is a true midnight blue, meaning it looks extremely dark. In full sunlight, it looks very dark navy and richer than black, while in low light you can hardly see the blue hue; a perfect combination with the felt. White liner.

Powderblue-w-22midnightblue-2.jpg

P1030944.jpg

P1030942.jpg

P1030944.jpg

P1030945.jpg

P1030948.jpg

P1030950.jpg

The brim on both hats has a very moderate flange (not a completely straight brim, but nearly) that is mostly associated with 1930s styles as opposed to 1940s/50s; the brim in front can still be turned down.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy