Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SOLD-Johnnyphi 7 3/8 Adam

Jabos

A-List Customer
I purchased this hat from the original auction winner. It is a 7 3/8. I wear a long oval on the border between 7 3/8 and 7 1/4. This hat fits in length but is a bit wide. I put felt in the sides, the reason the leather sweat is a bit puckered on the side. The auction winner paid $200 and I bought it off of him for $200. I will sell for $150 plus actual shipping (will depend on where you live, but I promise not to gouge a fellow lounger!) and include the VS hat box in the picture.

The hat is in great shape. No mothing. The ribbon edge is a bit puckered only from whipping in the Oklahoma wind. There is a slight white dot near the bow on the brim you can see in the pic, and another on the bottom of the brim in the bottom of the last photo. I don't know what they are but they were on the hat when I got it. Also, there is a slight imperfection in the felt on the inside of the crown, near the front pinch, also on the hat when I got it. I put Lexol on the sweat and when I did the stitching at the back came apart due to its age. I restitched it very very carefully. Full disclosure on this one. The only reason I am selling it is that I have ordered a similar hat from Art Fawcett and need the money to purchase that hat. Otherwise, I would keep it. The felt is thin and the hat is light. I will regret selling this one but finances require it right now so I can get my new Art hat.

403.jpg

401.jpg

402.jpg

404.jpg

405.jpg

406.jpg

407.jpg

408.jpg

409.jpg

Viper Man

Banned
Ugh. I would totally snatch this up but I am also cuurently waiting for a very similar hat from Art. In fact, I was inspired by both your grandfather's open road VS clone, GClark's VS thin ribbon, and St. Ignatz's recent VS. I ordered a Strat/OR clone in Natural with a 5 1/2" crown and 2 5/8" brim! :D

This looks like a great hat and I wish you the best of luck selling it. I don't think you'll have a problem and IMO that's a fair price you're asking.

Jabos

A-List Customer
Viper Man said:
Ugh. I would totally snatch this up but I am also cuurently waiting for a very similar hat from Art. In fact, I was inspired by both your grandfather's open road VS clone, GClark's VS thin ribbon, and St. Ignatz's recent VS. I ordered a Strat/OR clone in Natural with a 5 1/2" crown and 2 5/8" brim! :D

This looks like a great hat and I wish you the best of luck selling it. I don't think you'll have a problem and IMO that's a fair price you're asking.
Ha. I ordered from Art that same hat St. Ignatz has, so that is why this is on the block to sell. We can all blame St. Ignatz! ha. My other Art hat is in Natural and I love the color. You will too! Thanks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy